Was this guy being a jerk?

i went on a date recently. The guy hadn't seen my picture and we just randomly met at a restaurant. I walked up to him and he waved me over- he seemed ok but was tall and kind of 'stiff' acting like... he wasn't friendly towards me, or acting in any way. We sit down, and it's late so the food is only 'bar food.' I say we should go somewhere else- and we both agree to leave. I suggested an open restaurant where they were serving food for sure. He kept saying he wanted to go to this 'restaurant/club' which i was sure probably wasn't going to have food. we go there- first they say they have food then we sit down and they say.. again its only bar food. We order like 2 flatbreads and chicken wings. The guy still wasn't friendly towards me- just kind of 'stiff' and standoffish. Then i asked him his job and he said he's a doctor. I was impressed and nice and asking him questions.

the food came, and two orders of wings came, the server said it was one, but u know thats not true. the flatbreads came. the guy took one bite and said.. he didn't like it, then had it sent back after a few minutes. My flatbread came and i didn't mind it but, i felt almost like i should say i dont like it since it wasn't great. I said i didn't love it so then he just told them to take it back too. So now i'm stuck with only wings and im hungry. At the end, he said in a sarcastic condescending way "sorrry" but he was being a jerk.. as if "ha-ha i screwed u." he didn't care that I was hungry still, and he seemed to be trying hard to get the bill down to nothing. Then he told them to take the 2nd plate of wings off since they charged him for it. Yes he was right but the jerk sent TWO flatbreads back and i was going to maybe munch on one. I think the total was like 15.00. he said "sorrrrry" again in a rude tone as if he was mocking me. then he said "well least u have ur drink for the drive home." Then in the end, he again in a condescending way said goodbye. I also had driven an hour to his town

i drove an hour and he didn't care to think ok let's get her something 'decent' to eat. He just wanted to spend the least amt of money possible and he's a specialist doctor. His tone was so arrogant in the end and i was like wow what a cheap jerk? He didn't have to send BOTH flatbreads back.. and then whine about the wings on the bill? I even wanted one flatbread. I told him off through text later n blocked him.. i dont even know why he felt he could be such a jerk or why.. im also pretty n nice

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, always carry your own money even if someone else is treating you, Just In Case.

And probably the best thing you could had done, when you figured out he was being a jerk was to eat the flatbread instead of sending it back and that too slowly. Well, you weren't gonna see him again for that attitude, so why not lighten his pocket a bit.

Also, I see how you went ragerolling against men after this post. Just saying, not good at all, very immature.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Was he the one spending money on the date?

• what does that mean. Most men spend money on the date... I've never had a guy pull that crap ever, much less a wealthy doctor. Even poor guys don't do that. This guy was crazy

• So you were expecting him to pay for the entire thing? Maybe you kind of got what you deserved.

• Calm the fuck down.

• Hahaha women are so naive and cute. They think sooooooo much. That's why it's so hard to date a girl. We never know on what parameters she would judge us.

• You need urgent medical attention. Some psycho problems?

Lol a gold digger spotted. Why don't you walk around guys who own mercedes or Ferrari. You surely is a self centered person.
      Thankfully not all women believe that only guys must pay for everything.
      You are a expensive girl madam. Find a rich man.

• Seems like a great guy, can you give me his number lmfao.

• why are you so angry, just chill, so you had a bad date, haven't we all, there are lots of other men out there, some nice some not so nice same goes for women, that's life

• your date was cheap, but I dont understand why guys only have to pay the bills

What Girls Said 1

• is this guy a jerk? is the pope catholic? do bears shit in the woods? is cosby a rapist, was saville a paedofile... ad infinitum