"Sometimes people are meant to fall in love but are not meant to be together" Opinions? What does this mean?

I have my own take on this but I was wondering if anyone thinks I am right? Does this mean when two people do like eachother but things get in the way meaning not an official label is put on so its kind of like they like eachother but never end up properly being together? Am I right or? What do you guys think, leave what you think it means below. Please. Would be really helpful!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I can attest to this, I had clearly fallen in love with a beautiful Texan girl while stationed there. For the next 7.5 months it was about the most happiest I've ever been in a long time. However, terminal cancer made that choice for us. She's no longer here and I had to find a way out from that fallout, it took about 3yrs, but I did it. I've grown a lot stronger since then, smarter in what I want & need from a woman. I'd like to think that she helped me do that in her short time when she was here. The girl I am talking to now, is one fucking remarkable woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people can fall in love but certain circumstances mean that they cannot be together, you can still love a person without being with them, sometimes a relationship full of love just doesn't work because the two people are too different, doesn't mean they don't love each other. I loved someone when I was younger who was so bad to be with, he cheated, manipulated and lied through three years but we did love each other but it just didn't work. Sometimes people fall in love whilst they are with someone else and that would also be relevant to the statement. Love comes in all shapes and forms, not just the love between two people in a relationship. It's so complicated but you just know when it's right and real.

What Guys Said 10

• Well it means that sometimes two people fall in love despite having contrasting personalities and very little compatibility but in the long run they are not meant to be together because the differences are too much and even if they do it will not last long so eventually it would mean they are not meant to be together. Plus in a relationship just pure love is not enough, there are several other factors needed to maintain a relationship.

• Sometimes, you will be in a relationship and it won't work out but you will come away being a better person because you learned from the person or you learned from the experience. Often, others will look back on those occurrences and try to rationalize them by saying, "You were meant to get together but you weren't meant to stay together." That's similar to what you are asking about.

• Tottaly feel where your coming from with this im dealing with the fallout of a friendship that resulted in love but we can't be together. Its the idea that everybody wants what we obviously can't have.

• There is always a reason for everything. I believe sometimes people come together who really do love each other and over time we forget why we do. So it doesn't last , you always have to remember what brought that feeling about to have it succeed and people don't do that anymore. Rather than focus on solutions they focus on the problems they had when they were together. Once your apart and give yourself time to realize it sometimes you lose contact or it location or career.

• Dear Miss,
    This is probably the oldest themes of love affairs.
    You know Laila Majnu, Heer Ranjha, Sasi Panu, Romeo Juliet etc.
    They met a tragic ends. But the stories lived on.

• I guess it might be true that two people are perfect for each other but their lives are going in different directions.

• It means Forever Alone

• I've said this before. And it sounds better this way but what I'm really saying is jeez your awesome but I can't shake this feeling that. My future (and your future) would be better off if we dated other people. Usually I'm right. I'm still single and looking but nearly every girl I've said this too ended up marrying someone awesome for them soon after.

• It's a justification for fucking, that's all.

• Sometimes fate is just determined to keep lovers apart, by throwing so many obstacles in the way, that are close to impossible to overcome.
    World events, borders, economy, distance, cultural barriers, and lots of other stuff.
    People who fall in love, but circumstances will never allow them to be together, because what is in the way is too much to even imagine overcoming.

What Girls Said 4

• In the real world, love alone is never enough on its own

• My take on this is from personal experience. Many people, but mainly guys, are able to separate the physical from the emotional. While I knew the guy cared for me deeply, even loved me in ways, he wasn't ready to "settle down" and I'm not a "one night" sort of girl. He felt that with his trips and traveling he would one day ultimately hurt me, so we never became a "thing"

• I think it means that it takes more than love to have a relationship. It takes respect, honesty, kindness and financial stability & much more. It's pretty much a nice way of saying you are not meant to be together

• happened with me lol