Should I ditch him?

So I have known this guy through school for 5 years now and we have moved quite far from each other. I haven't pursued any other romantic relationships because of him. He says always how he loves me an I mean the world to him but when I question what our relationship is he just says he can't be ready for a girlfriend. I'm so confused on what to do. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

What Guys Said 1

• If he loves you then he should be doing his best to visit you often. But if you won't see other for long periods of time, it will probably not work out. You should move on, if he won't be there when you need him the most.

• That's true since I haven't seen him in 3 years and every time I try to make arrangement he has excuses..

• 3 years wow, I can't believe you never dated in that time because of him. Honestly you need to move on and meet someone else who will actually treat you right, as that guy is no good for you whatsoever.

What Girls Said 1

• If you really love him you could try for a long term relationship. However, that would realistically not work out. I know when I was apart from my boyfriend for a week I couldn't handle it. Your at an age that you want to be able to be with your boyfriend. So if I were you I would try to get over him.