Is he playing games?

Back in May I was dating this guy for about 2/3 months. It was great, he treated me amazingly and we always had a good time together. I knew from the start I wasn't going to see him all the time because of how demanding his job was, I got used to that, it was never a problem for us.
Then in July he sends me a random text saying: I don't want to lead you on, I'm so busy, you deserve someone who can see you more bla bla. Making a big deal out of his job.
I respected his decision because of course, his job has to come first. I wasn't too upset but I did like him a lot, my feelings for him were growing. We left it at that. Stopped talking for over a month. Now he's messaging me again, it's great just like before and he wants to meet up. BUT I want to be careful, I don't want to be played or for him to drop me again.
What do you think? Is he playing games or is he just unsure of his feelings? Or is he just trying to be friends? HELP!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I love my boyfriend dearly, but whenever I'm especially busy with schoolwork or my home life is in shambles, I play with the idea of taking a break from each other until things can settle down. I have never followed through with it, however, but it's possible this guy did. And if so, he still does like you and is not just playing games. He was just genuinely busy. But on the other hand, even very busy people can make time to text a loved one even if it's only once or twice a day, so for this reason, maybe he was unsure about his feelings. There's no way to know if he will drop you again; keep this in mind if you try again with him. Good luck

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• To know his intentions you have to ask him.

If he's still "too busy" for a relationship I think you should keep it as friendship and move on with your love life.
    You don't want to fall back into the same situation you were in before.

• He wants to be friends.