Should I trip? Opinion- am I correct or incorrect?

So I have a guy friend that I've known since before I met my significant other and he's been a good friend. Wel he recently graduated college and moved away for a new job. He's been traveling a bit for a new job and texted me (we don't talk often) the other night and said he got me a little gift in Japan, the only catch is, to get the gift I have to visit him in his new town. Now he hasn't been one to hit on me or anything but I told him I wasn't comfortable with coming to see him because I wouldn't want my SO to go see a girl for a weekend if it's not me (we are doing long distance for four months til I graduate college), so I'm going to have the same respect for him. Well my friend started guilting me and told me that he was sad to see me in a relationship with such little trust. My significant other and I trust eachother, it's iust about respect. Unfortunately, my friends don't agree with me and just think my boyfriend is controlling, which he's not. They're really making me feel guilty about it and second guess myself. Am I doing the right thing by not going? What would you want your SO to do? I don't believe in doing things that could be considered shady because that's not who I am.

• You are correct!
  • You are wrong and should go see your guy friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• the moment he is guilting you , its him pressuring you and he's up to no good , ow much you want to know his true intentions , is up to you , but I know what you can ask to find out his true intentions, but its up to you to decide. For me I would want to know , because I'm not sure I'd want to remain friends with someone who has motives other than those of an honest friendship.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are correct!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• There is no "right" or "wrong" answer here. The limits you, personally, have created out of respect for your partner are your own to make. Your friends should respect that.

• All you're doing is visiting a friend. There is no problem there. If your SO has a problem with that, then there are trust problems. If there weren't like you say there aren't, there shouldn't be a problem with this visit. I really don't see what respect has got to do with it.