How do I meet and start dating a military man?

I don't care what any of you say. I want a military man. But it's so hard because they never look interested or most of them are married or either single but don't look interested or they just want a one night stand. I want the lifestyle. I actually live near a base and I work there. So I see them often. How do I get the confidence to talk to them and see if they would date or something? Just any advice would help! How do I talk to a guy in the service. Thanks Yall! I'm 19 by the way so I just want some advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a Service Member, can I ask why you would ask for that?

The reason behind us not wanting to be in a relationship is simply because what we do is unpredictable to say the least and with the spealist units the amount of information we can share with our family and partners is little to none. Basically, to call it worrying for our family and partner would be an understatement.

But, you seem dead set on this, and simply put, we're just normal guys with a not so normal job. Just talk to us, nothing to be scared/shy about. Depending on what you do on the base you can talk to the guys you interact with, there's no key to it

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol you're like the opposite of me. I'm trying to stop dating military guys. Their lifestyle is just... I can't. The next guy who comes up to me who is military and asks me out, I'm gonna say nice to meet you but no thanks it's not going to work out. Maybe I can send him your way lol.

What Guys Said 3

• Adopt the same hobbies that those guys have.

• Trying to get his spousal benefits after he gets shot?

• Most military guys have a week spot for the damsel in destress

What Girls Said 4

• They are found in many places but when they are at home and not on a base they can be found in bars, stores, nightclubs, everywhere.

• U don't want one my aunt is married to one and he beats her all the time

• I would assume like any other man. Smile, make eye contact and start talking to a guy you like. I've dated a marine and an army guy before, and honestly they're just guys. Even if they are in the military, they could be shy and might be flattered you took the initiative to walk up and talk to them. That's what the marine guy told me anyways.

• just tell them thank you for your service! its a good starter line.