I'm about to go on my 3rd date with a guy, but I have my period. How do I handle this if I think he wants to have sex?

So I met this guy from okcupid. We've been talking for about a month or so, and in the last week have been on 2 dates. At the end of the second date, we made out in the back of his car and things got pretty intense. (It's okay, I wanted them to.) My boobs came out and his hands were all over me and he even brought my hand to his area. It was so exhilarating. Anyway, based on that, I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to try for sex on our next date (tomorrow). And I definitely want to do it with this guy. However, tomorrow is going to be the last day of my period. I don't want to tell him up front and freak him out or have him think I'm presumptuous, but I also think it'd be kinda awkward when he starts unbuttoning my pants and I go "you really don't wanna do that right now, the timing is off" and then freak him out anyway. XD Also, while we're here, I might as well ask another question. The birth control I use is called the nuvaring which is a little bendy ring that gets inserted down there. It's fairly inobtrusive, but my ex told me he could feel it sometimes. Is this something I should mention beforehand or just address when he asks me about it? If he does. Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: My birth control goes back in in Tuesday, and you can't use the cups with the ring in. I wish it was that easy. XD

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I would appreciate it if a girl told me about it before we get to sex. I would probably say "no" and just wait for a better time. I'm cool with waiting a bit. I am of course speaking for myself and not for other guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel like it's getting intimate again, simply explain that it's the wrong time of the month and that you can't have sex. Even though many men don't want to hear about periods, they fully understand so don't feel embarrassed by it. My first time with my boyfriend, I had my periods, we just did foreplay and it went well.

Well, I think you should explain your birth control if he asks you to. Obviously at first you'll use condoms so he might not ask what your birth control is but if he feels it just say so.

What Guys Said 3

• Ok this may sound grim, but it's proven and works
    If you shove a sponge up your vagina, that will absorb all of the bloody and everything and you can go on your date and have sex like nothing was wrong.

What I would say is look it up a bit more and make sure it's a clean and hygenic sponge.
    Also don't forget that you have it up there. Some people forget and their vagina smells bad after a while.

Anyway,
    Hope this helps.

• just tell him, its not something we get grossed out by if you just mention it, say you want to keep your shorts on tonight...

• I dont think he will say no to period sex to be honest

What Girls Said 3

• You don't have to give him any details, if he tries to go all the way, just tell him you aren't ready for that yet (even though you want to, there's always next time). Just don't allow things to go that far and it shouldn't be a problem.

As for your birth control, I don't think you have to mention it unless he asks. If he says he feels something, then you can just tell him it's your nuvaring. It shouldn't be a big deal :)

• Just say you're not ready

• You can use soft cups! You can have with them.