Do you ever feel like no matter how much you love your boyfriend/girlfriend, it will never be enough?

Its been four years and I'm starting to get bored. Every year I go through one of these phases. Normally around the same time. Before I started dating him, I was always out doing spontaneous things. I like adventure and freedom and nature. I like doing things that keep my mind racing. Adreneline. Excitement. He doesn't like doing anything... I have had to cut back on the things I enjoy to please him this entire time I have been with him. We are complete opposites. He would rather smoke pot and stay inside on a gorgeous day and waste away his life consumed in video games or TV series. Sure, I like video games and TV as well but all the time? When I say I want to get out and do something, his mind almost always goes to partying, though he's not a big partier himself. When I mention hiking or kayaking he almost immediately shoots down the idea. I have gained weight from being restricted to the kitchen and sofa. I have started having panic attacks from the lack of the great outdoors. I have become depressed and totally isolated to please him. And now... Things are falling apart because I "have changed" and I'm not "the girl he fell in love with" anymore. The girl he fell in love with is the girl he didn't enjoy having around because of my quirky, on the go attitude.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a bad case of 10/100; you're giving 100% and your partner is putting in minimal effort. You gave up so much thinking that it would make him happy due to his reluctance that you stopped being the person that he actually fell in love with in the first place. Relationships are about compromise, and while it may require sacrifice at times, it shouldn't be the sole thing your relationship is based upon, and it shouldn't fall entirely on you to do all of the sacrificing. He should be putting in the effort just as much as you are, otherwise, the relationship is not only pointless, but it is DOOMED TO FAIL. My advice is to sit your boyfriend down and tell him that he needs to shape up or ship out, because you're not willing to lose yourself in a relationship where you're not even happy.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• You're absolutely with the wrong person. Every relationship goes through difficult times, but you two seem to be inherently different. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why you started dating him seriously to begin with considering your differences.

• If that's the case you are probay with the wrong person.

• You are with the wrong person. A couple needs to share some common interests and have the same values to make it work. Relationships are work. Both people need to be willing to spice it up from time to time.