Girls, is it ok to ask her on a date by text?

ok so I've been waiting a while to ask her out in person and tell her i like her, but the only time i see her is at work a few days a week, and we never get seated behind each other, if we do there's always customers and collegeus about, i never get time alone with her, so is it ok to text her and tell her this.. i love spending time with u, i think ur gorgeous i would love to take you on a date, if however u dont feel the same i want to remain friends with you.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god don't send her that message, that message is so "I'm really, really passive and only expect that you'll probably reject me so I'll suggest we be 'friends' so I won't lose you in case you change your mind later.

No, be blunt, be straight up. Don't give her the whole "oh you don't have to", because she knows she doesn't, she'll decide that on her own. If you want to send her a message by text and not to her face (I personally am all about face to face) then I suggest you don't fear being a bit forward. Say something like: "Listen so-and-so, I really like you and I find you very attractive, so I'd really like to take you on a date some time." It's straight forward, blunt but not too aggressive. It shows confidence and romantic interest. That's all I can suggest.

• i would love to ask her in person, but I've already waited to long because we dont get time alone at work! there's always people around, if i wait longer she might give up and move on

• that message is supposed to let her know that if she dont feel the same, i dont want our friendship to be ruined.. thats all.

• You don't need to tell her that, that's something that should come up if she rejects you. By saying "Oh but we can be friends" it comes across as you don't trust that you have a chance. If she wants to stay friends with you, she'll suggest it or you can suggest it in the event that she rejects you. There's zero need to preemptively bring up the concept when you're not looking for friendship.

What Girls Said 4

• Ok instead of saying I love spending time with you, you should probably say I like spending time with you 👍 but this part (if however u dont feel the same i want to remain friends with you), this part is like putting it out there that you're not confident that she's going to say yes and you're giving her the opportunity to turn you down but the rest is👍👍👌👌
    And call her when you ask her out please it shows that you have more respect for her and confidence, I'm not saying if you text her that she's going to say no but please call her don't text if your asking someone out☺

• Yes of course it's okay to text her that. Most of the dates I've been asked on have been through text so I don't see the problem with it.

• Yeah Can't see the harm in that, go for it:-) don't ask don't get:-)

• Don't do that. Never ask a girl out via text.