Guys, would you date a Mormon?

Time to be chastised for being LDS, I assume. Anyways, it's your opinion on if you would date a Mormon girl or not, and I'll respect it either way. ☺

41

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I would. When I date a girl, I do so with the intention of marrying her. And I do not see myself marrying into a Mormon family. Not that I have anything against Mormons, most Mormons I know are great people.

The majority of my family is VERY conservative, and I would get SO much shit for dating a Mormon girl if I were to ever decide to do so. I know it would be my decision and not their's, but I'm Latino and family is a huge part of our culture. Plus I'd rather not deal with the bullshit drama of it.

• Which is perfectly alright!

• @Asker No I don't think it's alright for a family to not respect your choice of mate, but if he's happy with it...

What Guys Said 40

• Yeah, as long as she wasn't forcing her beliefs down my throat (though that goes with any ideology really).

• No thank you. I just cannot be with someone who follow the rules of a religion. I don't see why you should be chastised though. It's no more ridiculous than being christian or muslim...

• I dont know... because i feel that if i had children with her, her beliefe would effect them.

While is it true that we are sons of the universe and we all share a common origin and an eventual creator... what the religion defends is pure speculation, and i wish my kids do not grow limited by things that are not facts. Does it make sense for you?

I will resist the temptation to start a family with aa person that defends things that are not proved because my chidren, not because her.

soryyy...

• I don't know that much about mormons but since I'm not religious we would perhaps not have that much in common or share the same morals.

• Well, religion has nothing to do with common interests! Beliefs and interests are ENTIRELY separate! For instance, my ex was an atheist; the only reason we broke up was because I had A LOT of personal issues going on in real life, what with my brother leaving for missions and whatnot!

• Okay. That is why I started by saying that I don't know much about mormons.
      Obviously if both could hold their own beliefs to themselves and not push on the other then it could perhaps work.

• Not me. I don't date religious women of any faith. There's a bigger gulf between believers and non-believers than there is between two religions. To me, a person is either willing to believe things on faith or they are not. I'm not.

• My answer is no. (She'd probably not want to date me)

• If she doesn't expect me to raise 15 kids or wear funny pajamas, sure. There are a lot of cute Mormon girls.

• whats LDS? uh I don't know i dont really know the difference between that and other parts of christianity. i dont belong to a church but i used to be catholic now... I don't know Protestant? but if my beliefs are kinda close (preferably more so) then yeah i guess

• I would, but I would be afraid that MY beliefs would get in the way. I was raised LDS and am no longer that faith (I'm not even Christian) so I think that it would create conflict.

• How devout are you? No sex until marriage? Then you need to find someone that thinks the same way you do, regardless of which religion, if any, they subscribe to.

Here's a thought though... don't believe in fairy tales. This world would be a better place if we could eliminate all religions... brainwashing us... shaming us for normal human behaviors/thoughts/feelings/actions. People would be less likely to hate other people. Less killing. I could go on and on and on...

• Yes, religion is not a deal breaker for when i choose a girl to date

• ABSOLUTELY. Mormon girls are great, if not the best. If you are down with dating a Catholic* then, we are all good.

*I'm not a member of the Church yet but I'm working on that, I used to be a Baptist.

• I don't mind dating a Mormon girl as long as she can respect my beliefs and can respect that I won't agree with everything or convert to her religious faith. Mutual respect is what it's all about for me.

• Would not date any religious girl, mormon or otherwise.

• Nope, I am a firm believer in premarital sex :p

It kinda spoiled Lindsey Stirling for me too.

• …why? Musically or just as a person? You know you're not going to get her, right?

I listen to a few Christian bands (not in the Christian music genre, just bands whose members are openly Christians, with some faith-related lyrics but not plain worshipping songs) and I don't really have an issue with them believing while I don't if I enjoy what they make, but that's just me.

• I totally read that as a moron

• For some reason I always read that 'moron'

• Why would a Mormon date a non-Mormon?

• probably not because she would always be bitching at me about all the pop I drink

• Sure, as long as it's not pushed on me. I'm Christian myself

• I want to say yes but probably not. I'm an atheist and I feel strongly about this but I'm not going to force anyone to become one too. That being said, if it doesn't get in the way, sure, but it probably would get in the way.

• Definitely not if this includes the need to immediately marry, or "waiting until marriage" (not because I'm not getting laid but because I think it's hypocritical, no offence), or any Mormon things (I don't have experience with the church of LDS, we don't really have that here) that will get in the way of my life. This sounds selfish but I just don't want to force myself to do things another religion wants you to do that I don't believe in, I'm sorry.

• depends on what that actually means. i mean in everyday live and sexual behavior.

• Srry for my ignorance but what is that I am srry if u r offended :(

• I was set up on a blind date and found out she was a Mormon with 7 kids and didn't believe in sex unless married. Worst date ever and there wasn't a second date.

• ----No----

• depends, do you believe in having multiple wives?

• Why not? As long as she is not a psycho religious extremist.

• i'd prefer a christian since i'm christian, not sure what mormonism is tho

• If she's not religious i dont care what she is
    If she's religious than it may be a little problem

• no sorry but i have to connect with a girl on and intellectual level to find her really attractive.

• More from Guys
    10