Hey reader, you're looking great tonight, do you mind helping me out with this question?

So this guy I've worked with for the last year has shown interest lately, we've hung out outside of work a few times this summer and he even drove 2 hours to see me after my final at school. He invited me to his 30th birthday (I'm 24), and asked me to come earlier to meet his two best friends and we went together from there. Anyway, at the party, we were both buzzed him more than me, and he completely went for it, making out with me for a good 40 mins, and telling me how much he liked me, and during ALL of that, he even whispered to me "do you see us long-term" and I nodded yes. We were pretty cozy that entire night, but since then, at work, we kind of flirt and have hung out, but he hasn't gone in to kiss me, and we haven't talked about that night, about that kiss. It's been over a week, what do i do? i

t's awkward because we've been friends for so long, and if we dont talk about that night, Im just going to blame it on the alcohol. do I wait for him to bring it up, or if I do, how do I address it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in almost this exact situation. End of finals party, girl I'd known for several months and had been increasingly flirty with, toward the end of the night we end up making out on the dance floor so intensely that we cleared out our portion of the room.

And then we made plans to go out when we both got back from break and it was super awkward. Alcohol lubes up the situation, obviously, but when your first romantic interaction with someone is an intense makeout session, it's hard to know what the next step is. It seems presumptuous to go in tongue-first, but do you go for a more reserved kiss? That seems almost... insulting. This is just speculation, but the fact that you work together also makes it more complicated because if you weren't that into it and it was just the alcohol talking, any move he makes could jeopardize the workplace environment.

My advice: give him an opening. The next time you hang out and are being flirtatious, just make some sort of passing remark that is also very clear. Something like, "You know I've spent the last week wondering if you're as good of a kisser when you're sober." That gives him an obvious opening, but if he isn't really into the idea, then it also gives him the opportunity to sort of laugh it off.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol u sounded like those salespeople on the street.

blaming it on booze isn't a noble way to go about it. u just be bold and say "so hey, i just wanted to talk to u about that night. i dont want to pretend like it didn't happen..."

and take it from there. he obviously isn't doing it, so just go for it.

What Guys Said 4

• Alcohol was a big part of this. Without the alcohol. he knows the pitfalls of work relationships and doesn't want to take that on. Sure he likes you, but not so long as you have to work together.. he's probably afraid of what it would be like if you break up.

• Address it. ? Why do girls always wait for everything? You have a question you want to ask him, why wait until he asks it?

• Because he started it, and i dont want to ruin a good thing we've had for the past year, so as a guy, tell me, how do i bring it up?

• Hi X !
      Can we talk?
      You know about what happened at the party. I would really like we discuss it. It really felt right to me but the way you reacted since then makes me think you are suddenly unsure about the whole thing. Should we just stay friends or would you like to take this to the next step?

It's really not that complicated. Whatever the answer will be, it's still better than losing your time over him no? How long would you wait without knowing before you finally understand he is not interested anymore?
      When you have something on your mind, it's your responsibility to fix it. The fact that he started has zero significance really. You want to know something? You ask about it...

• Well, I think things are looking good.

• that makes me smile. good to know, and thank you

• Just keep it light like say hi or something you dont need ot jumpt to saying i love you. just see where it takes you.

What Girls Said 4

• Lol woman up

Being it up yourself! ;)

He clearly likes u

Oh and probably ask him how does he see u two? What are his intentions towards u basically :)

B sure if what u wang is exactly what he wants too.

Nd if it isn't. Best that u knew early on.

• I would just blame the alchol too.
    If he wanted to bring it up; he would say already. Just pretend nothing happened. Maybe he will say himself?

• dont bring it up!

• okay but how do i act when we hang out?

• thank you haha! and you should wait for him to bring it up.

• how do I act with him in the meantime? continue as a friend, o how do i slightly flirt?