Girls, does rejection cause you to want him more?

I've been dating this girl for over a month, we have a mutual friend who told me that she's confused and doesn't know if she wants a relationship. She even hinted at being friends, but I dumped her on the spot. Now, she seems to be more interested than ever! Why is that?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy told me he wasn't interested in me then I would completely lose interest in him.

But if he just randomly stopped talking to me I'd be like oh shit what went wrong and I'd put in more effort and see how he responds.

So wdy mean by you "dumped" her

• A mutual friend warned me that she doesn't know what's going on with her feelings, so she's not ready for anything serious yet. When we saw each other that same day, she told me the same things and I just told her it'd be best if we stopped seeing each other, because I'm not interested in being friends with her. I walked away.

• So you implied that you want her romantically. She wants you too but she wanted you at her own pace and her own terms. But she realized that she might lose you and she didn't want that.

What Girls Said 5

• Well not me, if I got rejected I'd just move on. Why waste your time obsessing over him when he clearly doesn't want to have to do anything with you.

• Omg! My ex did that to me because sines i have ADHD its hard not to be annoying so i was really annoying that he dumped me and it made me want him more because i felt like i wasn't good for him and wanted to start over to try again and show him and have his attention on me.

• Now she really wants to be with you.

• Either she realized she does want a relationship or was/is afraid of losing you.

• Yeah I'm this way but it's not normal. It's not real interest she just doesn't like the rejection. You probably should have tried to discuss it with her first. How did you end it?

• I told her that I'm not interested in being friends, so it'd be best if we'd just stop seeing and talking to each other. She was very sad and all that. Confused the hell out of me. Either you have feelings or you don't.

• Sometimes it takes a while for feelings to develop. I don't know It sounds like you jumped the gun.