Do dating sites work?

has anone had any sucess? and what sites worked best? im looing for one completely free. just tired of being alone lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Four years ago, 2atcnew, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance by chance. After getting to know his lovely family on Skype, I then jetted off to the far away land of Cairo, where I stayed 30 days. Things went so well, after coming home, I then hopped aboard and went abroad again, where this time we ended up tying the knot t the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for awhile in his small primitive-like village, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now, and although through the Ups and Downs of our Online and Offline Marriage, we fought to keep the lines of love sizzling and sensational, and no matter how many millions Breakups and Makeups with me Not having been to be with him in a long time, we always have found a way to Make it through the bad and sad storm. At the moment, I am making plans to pack up in a few months to go back over for a few weeks, God willing.
    Internet dating is Not for everyone. Although it is getting to be Top Notch way today of finding Mr. or Ms. Right or even Finding a date mate without leaving your own living room, many people still Prefer to go out and about to find True love from above. It's anyone's choice and whatever calling comes their own way.
    I have used Badoo in my life when I opted for free. It is one of the most Mentioned, let's say, Dating sites around where you can get up with people 'Nearby' who may be right for you in your own neighborhood. However, it's a deck of cards with this at times because like so many Dating sites, you need to be careful that Who you are Talking with, Is who they say they are and that they are not looking for money from a honey.
    There is anew One out I am seeing floating around currently. "Plenty of Fish" is this name, but I do not know what kind of reputation it has for Genuine or just cat- fishing. It's a gamble like Anything in life.
    If you are lonely, it might be good to even start with FB, where you have friends from the past or even now the present who just may end up a Win-win situation. You would be surprised at How many people you can meet here, dear.
    Other than that, socializing, like going out with your buds, is still a nice way today to meet people the Old fashion way.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I have only used one dating site. That site i chose was a paid site: www.eharmony.com
    I chose that site because it was a paid site. That leads to greater seriousness from those you are eventually matched with.

I also chose eHarmony because it focuses on marriage and long term relationships with an emphasis on compatibility. My first marriage was a bust despite the effort I put into it. For my second time around, I wanted to screen for matched compatibility.

The registration process for eHarmony begins like a psychological evaluation. If you score with inconsistent results, eHarmony assumes either an attempt to conceal or mental/emotional unhealthiness. Either way, eHarmony will refuse to match you with anyone else as they have also paid good money for their matches to be screened.

After the registration process and setting up my profile, I purchased a one year membership as that is the best deal and the process of interacting with matches takes some time.

In the end, I had complete success as at the 7 month point, I met a wonderful woman. This woman would a year and a half later, cheerfully become my wife. We have had 9 happy years of married life together.

Recommendations for best use of eHarmony:

- Be rigorously honest in filling out the psychological profile and in setting up your preferences for a mate. WHAT YOU ASK FOR IS WHAT YOU WILL GET! You will screw yourself over if you lie to yourself.

- Be thorough in setting up your online profile. Brevity is NOT attractive. The more information you provide about yourself, the more interest you'll generate. The same applies when you and your matches begin to communicate. One word answers and short sentences may as well be grunts. Text is what your using to attract. So don't act like you are being charged per the characters you enter.

- Be prompt in replying to your matches. Make time each day for this to happen. Matches that fail to get timely replies, are matches that will permanently go away. (The attitude I found helpful in this was to treat eHarmony like a second job.)

I hope I have adequately answered your question. If you need more info, feel free to message me.

What Girls Said 14

• They can, it doesn't really matter what website. You just have to be patient and not get jaded and bitter because I'm telling you right now no matter what you look like, no matter what you put in your bio and no matter what messages you send out you will not get as many responses back as you want / feel you deserve.

I've personally met some great guys, and some not so great guys and I know couples who are still going strong years after they met on free dating sites so it's just like real life where you just have to keep trying until the right person comes along.

• I dated on Plenty of Fish for a couple months between boyfriends (that I met in real life). Met lots of good guys and went on a lot of dates. Not sure if you'd count that as working, since none of them turned out to be long term relationships. But I was only on for a couple months, so maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

• It's never worked for me personally but it worked for my friend. They met on a specialized, very unknown dating site and they've been married for 3 years now!

• Online dating does work for some people, for others it doesn't.

• They can work. I met my ex husband on one and that was a 5 year relationship.
    Okcupid is my fav.

• Nope they're usually filled with bots and fakes.

• Yes they do. It's just another platform

• They can! I was on OkCupid earlier this year and met my boyfriend there! the site is free so you have nothing to lose.

• No they would never work but if you're part of another site like Facebook or even YouTube or fanfiction. net or allkpop. com or just any site with a comunity and you get to know someone through there, that could work

• i agree with you
      It might b more sustainable since u find someone there that probably wasn't desperate to start a relationship. It happens because it happens. Nobody was looking for it. It is in a way more magical.

• it works.. might take some time and might experience disappointment.. but it works

• the work for hookups.

• yes... for the owners of those sites ($$$)

• In my experience people who go on those dating sites have unrealistic expectations. Some go on there because they only date white women and feel that's the only way they will get one.

• Yes they do work, but there's a lot of competition

What Guys Said 15

• In general - Dating sites rarely work for men, but they can work well for women.
    Reason:- Skewed male-female ratio on dating sites (lot more men than women).

• eh. no.

As a girl you are going to have shift through a lot of messages and creepy things.

As a guy you are going to have to message a million and a half woman before getting one response (unless you are really good looking).

• I found my current girlfriend on Plenty of Fish and she is an A1 first class great girlfriend. . . but Plenty of Fish may not be as great for younger people. Stay away from match. com, as you will get scammers contacting you almost daily.

• Well, I have heard of dating sites, I have never joined one, I doubt how much would be the success, well if you want to try you can try there is no harm in it.

• Never worked for me. I've met nothing but the strangest people from online dating, its been horrible and I deleted all of my accounts after a while

• I spent so much time and money on them. Its not worth the effort.

• It's not for everyone and I would never ever try online dating; it's just not for me

• Well, they make you know more people, so it increases the probabilities of finding someone special... they help yes.

• They do but I think it's still hard though

• POF is quite a good site and totally free.

• Tell you my personal opinion. Dont expect too much from online dating.

• You have to pay for them to work.

• yes i banged like 30 chicks i met on dating sites

• Yeah, they work. You couldn't access them in your browser if they didn't. What kind of question is this?

• Nope, no sucess at all :/