Did you ever kiss someone and feel nothing and it's the exact opposite for the other person?

Hello!
So I went on date last evening, a tinder one, and well, after like 20 minutes he kissed me and I just fell nothing. Like not good, not bad, more like when I was acting in a high school play and had to kiss my gay friend. Problem is he got super excited. You can see when a guy he's really into you, and he was. But how could he be, it was... Like.. I don't even understand. He called me today, texted me, and I just couldn't reply. The worst is he told me stories of dates he had and he wasn't attracted by the girls, so he just left... I thought it was a hint you know, and I actually fell pretty good about that. You know like "cool so you too you thought it was weird'. But no! He did it again! So I had to leave, I was tired and all... So did that ever happen to you? And how did you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. This happens with most women I kiss. Really nothing you can do about it. I've made out with 2 girl in my whole life that made me feel excited about kissing. And I dated one off and on for about 5 years. I was pretty popular in my fraternity too so it's not like I have a lack experience. It just felt like a chore. I realized later that it's mostly because deep down I knew I was lying. I didn't really want that person I was just tired of waiting for someone I did want to come along. It's like my lips knew I was settling. I'm not sure how to help but I do know the feeling. Surprisingly no ones ever noticed my lack of enthusiasm

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeeess this one time I hung out with an ex again. We kissed on his request and immediately after I felt nothing, almost regret due to the nothingness. But he was so happy he nearly cried in front of me. He said it was everything but my mind was so off, and when you think about it, it's sad, and scary, because it just goes to prove that you can never be sure if someone else feels what you feel. And the next time you kiss someone and feel all those crazy emotions, you're aware that the other person might feel nothing at all...

What Guys Said 6

• ehhh a first date I wouldn't expect much of anything ever. it usually takes me a few months to feel anything for a women.

• Not me though... I always know. And this guy, I was not sure to start with, he just kissed me out of nowhere. But it did get me thinking that maybe I've been in his shoes without even knowing it haha! Oh well, what can you do

• ehhh I've had good long relationships with women who i felt nothing for at first.

• but i get what you are saying i do find the best relationships is when a women is in love and a man is in like.

• Yeah , my second girlfriend ( ex) when we were apart for while
    then got back together , the second time the kiss didn't mean nothing
    than months later we ended up breaking up ,

• Yeah with my first ex, i really liked her but when we kissed I felt nothing at all and was really underwhelmed, but she was really happy about it

• Yeah that's happened to me too.

• Just dump his sorry ass

• No, I've never kissed anyone. But it sounds far less likely that two people would experience the same level of "something" than to have it be different.

What Girls Said 5

• Yep. I was "dating" (I put quotes because we never made anything official) a guy, and we hadn't done more than gone out to eat, cuddle, and hang out. I was 19, he was 18. We were cuddling on the couch and he kept trying to kiss me, and I was honestly avoiding it because I was super shy and insecure. He ended up grabbing my face and kissing me and... blankedy blankaroo. I felt NOTHING. I remember sitting there thinking my first kiss back when I was 17 felt more riveting.

• Lol. It happened with me too... He kissed me, I felt nothing. But he was sooo happy and excited. His face turned red. Lol. I pretended that I liked it... eh

• Now I'm thinking... Gosh. Maybe I kissed guys and thought it was amazing and they thought... (Ok stop overthinking girl, just don't think anymore. And I'm talking to myself on a website now.)

• @RedArrow Omg, lol.
      I actually liked only one person in my life. That guy was my best friend. But we never really got into a relationship.

And I've kissed only my ex boyfriend... 😂

• I have no idea.

• that happened to me!

• You're not into him, that's fine. Just end it