Am I going to be Single forever? Whats wrong with me that guys aren't sticking around?

im not trying to compete with anyone all i want is love! i cry at night thinking somethings wrong with me because i haven't found love.
I hate when people tell me it will happen when it happens. Or you find love when your not looking for it it annoys me when people tell me because A. there in relationships so what do they know B. I hate suprises and waiting

And im not ugly... Not at all. Very very insecure but im not ugly person on the outside or inside. im very Curvy yes but not ugly!

I see girls who are bigger than me or "considered less asttractive" by people who are married with kids and i dont get it!! I know its mostly the guys i pick. But honestly i can't help it. I tend to pick guys who seem nice and "Perfect like" charmers and sweet talkers who then turn into assholes and jerks who lie and ignore me. Now I've tried to talk to guys i normally wouldn't find attractive or aren't 'My type" and STILL same results! I dont get it!! yes i have standards but i dont think thier ridiculous ! i just ask you are fairly tall, Funny , sarcastic, romantic, sweet, smart, has a great job or career. i tend to fall for the 'class clown' type. Im almost 24 and in my mind im suppose to have been dating someone two years already or engaged. Im a hopeless romantic and i fall to easy and its a bad and a good thing.

I also have trust issues with guys because of past guys hurting me emotionaly and lieing!

Im 99% sure i will never find the one and ill be a 40 year old dog lady who is single!!
Guys aged 23-27 are still too immature and/or only want hookups. I don't mind hookups but I want something real

And before you ask yes I've tried online dating sites... Those are actually worse.

Help
Advice
Tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• "i cry at night thinking somethings wrong with me because i haven't found love. "

No stop! There's nothing wrong with you. Some people just have crap luck when it comes to dating. I'm utterly single right now too so I'm not saying this from a position of someone being in a relationship. Yeah it really really sucks to not have someone to be really affectionate with. I know how you feel. All I can say is just don't give up! If you do end up alone forever (if you keep at it I doubt it will happen) at least you know you gave it your best shot. If you give up you'll always wonder if you would have found your true love if you hadn't given up and wondering "what if" really sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• stay off dating sites for sure. but you're still 23 and youve got time to meet someone!

What Guys Said 7

• No guy is immature. They are just weighing risk/ reward using logic. Don't call them immature just because you don't agree with their choices. It's not about maturity.

• whats the logic in hooking up with millions of girls every night? ... lol excatly there is none

• Entitled means getting something you didn't earn or deserve!

• You are right. However it is against many men's best interests to cohabitate with a girl anyway, especially in this day and age. There is an imbalance of incentives created by our societal laws and ideals to where women are highly incentivized to cohabitate or marry whereas men gain next to nothing for doing so. Similarly enlightened men keep their eyes out for girls who get degrees in various things such as "social work" that mainly rack up lots of debt to pay off once you are out of college, and not much of a career to do so.

• expect any guy who dates you to have gone through the same experence dating as you even if he says he's had different.

• It's the guys you go for. And I'm sorry to say the insecurity is probably hurting you too. When you're insecure, it shows through and it puts guys off. As for the whole it happens when it happens, that is so true. You cannot force love. And the more you try the more desperate you seems, and that is a turn off as well.

• The best guys are few, otherwise every girl would have one. Just chill and be the best you, he'll come around

• You're late maybe but trust me you'll find the best ever boyfriend of the world :)

• same here also looking for a relationship. u can contact me on bappppppi@gmail. com

• How long have you been single now?

• Waaaay to long. I'm not a serial dater I don't jump from relationship to relationship

What Girls Said 5

• Pray. Pray your heart out.

I was in your shoes: dated/married my high school sweetheart then divorced and was single for 3 years. That wasn't so bad because I had been in an 8 year relationship and needed some time alone. Then I met someone else and was with him for a year. Then I went FOUR YEARS single. I would get constant compliments on how no one could understand why I was single because I was pretty, friendly, outgoing, compassionate... and I felt just like you are feeling. I felt so broken and alone and like it was never going to happen for me. All I wanted was a family to come home to and enjoy the holidays with (my own little family, not my mom/dad/aunts/uncles etc.). I cried, and I prayed for four long years.

I can say that I am now 10+ months strong in the best relationship I have ever been in, with someone I met through instagram (we live in the same county, not a long distant relationship) whom I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

It really is true that it will happen when you least expect it and when you aren't looking for it. Just focus on yourself, excelling at school or in your career, doing things you like, enjoying every day you are given, and just pray and trust that it will happen. When the time is right, and the right person comes along, it will happen.

Stay strong, sweetie <3

• Honestly you already stated what your issue is: "Very, very insecure."

When you're desperate for love, have low self esteem, and you're depressed, it's going to be hard to find somebody who will stick around. My father told me growing up that "You gotta learn to be alone before you can be in a real relationship" and I think this is very true. If you give off the vibe that you NEED to be in a relationship people will run the other way, because it comes up as a red flag. Add trust issues and insecurity on top of that - honey you're a walking red flag.

You need to work on yourself and just say fuck dating for a while. You need to get back to loving yourself and being emotionally independent before you even ATTEMPT to go on another date.

• yep.. that's how it is these days.. its hard to meet guys.. im in my 30's and can't meet one and super pretty and gorgeous. I know succesful confident women who are amazing who are single.. men out there today are crazy...

• Sometimes you just don't feel a spark, keep trying

• Just gotta b looking pure

• I understand your reference, anon.

• @RJGraveyTrain heheheheh

• Y don't u become a playerette n not think of being IN a relationship