Did I do the right thing?

I just broke up with a guy I've been seeing for about 3 months. I sat him down to talk about the fact that I was unhappy because he never calls me, doesn't spend enough time with me, and ALWAYS takes hours to answer my text messages. He basically told me that that was the way the relationship was going to go and he couldn't change it. I asked if maybe he wanted to take a break while he deals with some of the stuff in his life and we could get back together when he had more time and energy for me. He said that he wouldn't do that, and that either we're together or not and that I had to choose. He said that he wouldn't do the break thing because if I don't like him now then I won't like him in the future. But that's not it at all. I like him so much. I just want him to make more of an effort. I ended up breaking up with him but now I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do. I texted him and asked him to call because I think I gave up too easily and that I made a mistake. He's at work so he can't call until later but he hasn't responded to my text... HELP I don't know what I should do...

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems like he is selfish and doesn't want to give. A guy will make time for you and call and text you sooner if that is what makes you happy. Guys who want you to love them want to make you happy. It can't be about him getting his needs taken care of and you not having your needs met. You did the right thing. Don't bend and stand your ground because if this is going on only after 3 months, it will get worse. He will feel like he can call or text anytime and you will be there. Better to nip it in the bud now. If he truly wants to be with you, he will call, text and spend more time with you.

What Guys Said 1

• stick with the decision you made because it's the right one. you brought up the problems you had with him and his response was that 'it is what it is' basically so deal with it or leave. that's not the kind of guy you want to be with no matter how sweet and nice he seemed when you guys actually did talk or spend time together.

3 months isn't that long so it's better you end it now before you waste a year or something being unhappy and even more attached

What Girls Said 2

• u say he never calls you and takes hours to text you back. who the hell wants a man like that. obviously you are not on his mind. you made the right decision. you might feel sad for a littile while but eventually you will feel better. do not contact him in anyway. if he really wants to be with you he will call.

• Yeah you did the right thing. What would have been the better option? Staying with a guy who does not care enough to make a better effort to improve the relationship? It's not called giving up if the relationship sucked. Move on. He's not that into you