Do you think someone who does drugs is a turn on or turn off?

• it's a turn on
  • it's a turn off
  • I don't care if they do drugs or not

Most Helpful Guy

• I can tolerate weed, but only on the condition that they don't try to pressure me into smoking it and that they don't use it while at my home.

As for the hard shit, like meth, cocaine, heroin, etc., FUCK NO.

Most Helpful Girl

• Turn off of course. I don't see anything appealing about people who do drugs. No... just NO.

What Guys Said 15

• Pretty hard question because alcohol is a drugs and I like to drink cognac and have a few beers with my hot wings or when I at a concert or a sports venue. If my lady friend does the same it cool with me. Just about every girl I've grooved with drink wine with her girl friends or when we go for dinner. It's not a turn off nor a turn on As far as cannabis goes I'm cool with it too I'm no pothead, but I will take a drag or two just to mellow out a bit, but no more than that. When it comes to everything else if I don't touch she can't it. Now cigarettes is a major turn off to me.

• Everyone does drugs. Sugar is definitely an intoxicant and we literally consume 70,000% more than our genetic equals from 10,000 years ago.

Cannabis reacts to the same cannabanoid receptors coffee and chocolate do. But things like cocaine and meth tend to have a degree of neurotoxicity and can distort the natural functions of dopamine in the body. We're not scientifically literate when it comes to drug laws, especially when the "drug" in question has other uses in the market people don't want it competing with, cannabis, mainly.

Overall, if the person is legitimately in harmony, I'm not going to criticize them on the basis that their habit somehow offends me.

• That's a deal breaker

• My personal opinion. Yes it's a big turn off.

• I'm super lax about people smoking pot and stuff like that, but I don't want it in a partner.

• ^took the words right out of my mouth/keyboard

• Out of curiosity, why not?

I'm probably less lax about pot smoking, yet it's something that, like yourself, is not what I want in a partner.

• @Bluemax Good question.

I guess pot is one of those things that, while I wouldn't ever want to tell someone not to do it, I don't really like it. Like, if someone else smokes and it doesn't affect me, then it's just none of my business.

A partner smoking pot, though--that'd bring it into my life and it'd affect me in some way. I don't want that.

• Looks like I'm not welcome here.

• It's never a turn on, but the occasional blunt I do not mind.

• Depends on the drugs. I think a person doing belladona, mescaline and using magic mushrooms is to some extent alright. Done by mouth and no syringes.

• Depends which drugs

• no one likes a junkie

• Off. Eww. Gross.

• Off wtf. Who would want someone mentally unstable.

• I dont see it as a giantic turn off but at the same time its not a turn on
    if i like/love her ill do my best to make her stop doing it
    but it won't be a deal breaker

• Depends on what you define as "drugs", I would like to be able to have a partner to occassionally drink and smoke pot with and also be under the influence of psilocybin, it would be very romantic. Anything harder than that would be a turn off.

• It's a turn off.

What Girls Said 13

• Definite turn off. I would not date someone who did drugs. I'm not saying, people who smoke marijuana or are addicted to harder drugs are bad people. I simply don't want to start a relationship with someone who indulges in anything stronger than coffee and sugar. I think it's a waste of money and not attractive.

• Why would substance abuse be attractive? No worries, darling I love to watch self destructive spirals that end in excruciating disease. Cheers!

• massive turn off.

• I have no tolerance for people who do drugs in my romantic life. If they want to do drugs that is their choice but with that choice means we won't be dating.

• Total turn off. I won't even give the guy a second look.

• a person who is into drugs is a turn off to me

• TURN OFF. That's a deal breaker

• 'Does', yeah it's a turn off. I wouldn't even associate myself with people who do hard drugs. 'Did', that depends. Are they over it, how long have they been over it, do they plan or want to stay over it. 😊

• Vote C = I used to have huge issues drug myself although most of my dates are total straight edger's.

• It's a serious dealbreaker. I don't want to watch my partner slowly kill themselves.

• It's a definite turn off

• I couldn't date someone who does drugs

• People who do drugs usually have other issues that they haven't death with, hence why they do drugs. Nothing attractive about a damaged person.