Be honest. Have you told a big lie to spare someone's feelings?

Have you ever said you like or even 'have always really liked' someone when you did not have any romantic feelings towards them? Do you think you'll ever lie about liking someone to spare feelings?

If so, why did you do so? Spur of the moment? Caught off-guard and blurted it out?

Do also comment if you've been on the receiving end of this situation!

• Yes I've outrageously lied to spare feelings (please comment)
  • No I would not lie about liking someone and get caught in a sticky situation. Too much drama

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, have done that. The girl was suffering from depression, and also had a history of self harming so I just played along when she said she liked me. But I never explicitly told her that I liked her.

Happy that it ended. I did not show much interest, so she grew out of it and 'broke-up' with me.

• Ahh I see. I'm glad for you. So would you have told a girl that you've always really liked her if you didn't? Or would that seem too intense? Thanks for commenting!

• Nope! Not at all. This girl just assumed that liked her too, because I neither confirmed nor denied the matter. I just wanted to make sure she didn't harm herself again. Anyway, I'm glad that she came out of her depression and decided to 'break-up' with me. In a way, I helped her with this so I have no regrets!

And no, I wouldn't even DREAM of leading a girl on if I didn't like her. That's unethical. Although girls have led me on a few times, which is unfortunate.

What Guys Said 1

• No, I have never done that. I will never do that. No matter what the circumstances maybe. It's totally against my morals/principles.

What Girls Said 6

• nah that doesn't sound like me. I'm that person who would rather deliver a painful truth and be rid of a situation than lie and drag it out.

• no, I'd say I liked them in a general way, but not a lot.

• Yea that i love someone

• Lied about loving someone when you didn't? Oh my goodness the guy's happiness must have been really short :( Ouch

• Oops wrong vote meant to choose no have and will never do it

• Not like that. I did though once tell a guy that i was a lesbian and dating my bestie. THAT WAS A MISTAKE.

• No, I'm totally against leading someone on. If I can guarantee anything from me, it's pure honesty :)