Where are all the tall guys?

This sounds mean. But seriously, I'm a 5'9 tall girl and every guy i meet these days is shorter than me. I've dated guys who are shorter than me, it's not a deterrent. But recently i've been feeling like a giant, so out of place because every guy i meet and get to know is lshorter than me. Not by much.
But still where do you meet tall guys? Seriously where? Obviously my usual hang outs don't have any of them. I just want to date someone who dosen't make me feel like a freak.

Most Helpful Guy

• The average height for a woman is 5'4", and the average height for a man is 5'10". I'm 5'7".

Personally, I would prefer my girlfriend be taller than me. I would love to date a woman who was 5'9". Nobody is making you feel like a freak but you, and in so doing, when you say, "where are all the tall guys," you just make me feel like a freak -- undateable because I'm short.

And you've already said you've dated guys shorter than yourself, so getting a partner is not a problem for you -- just how you feel about yourself.

• This is so right! I'm sorry if i made you feel bad you shouldn't. I think if i met someone right now that i really clicked with this whole thing would just vanish as a problem. I don't know, it's all in my head probably, sometimes it's like i see all these hot but like shorter guys and i just feel like... as a girl i'm not tiny enough or feminine enough so they wouldn't ever think of me that way... Thank you for your comment though, it really helps.

• And thank you for clarifying! I feel like much less of a freak, myself :)

And I agree, if we found someone we liked (like if I found a little 4'6" girl), these preferences would vanish in the face of the prospect of being with a really good person.

I think most of the "pressure to be short" comes from women, not men. I personally don't consider height a mark of femininity, nor any physical aspect, really. You could be tall, muscular, and assertive, but if you're feminine in behavior, you're feminine.

And really, I think women are harsher judges of themselves and each other than men are. At this point in the development of our society, we'd be happy if you'd just not divorce us, take our children and home, and enslave us far from our family.

What Guys Said 18

• scandanavia that's where they live

• I'm 5'11" and don't consider myself tall. Maybe I just live in a land of giants or something?

• They went to another planet

• Well according to the internet and since I am an internet perv I am 7'15 now marry me lol.

• theyre everywhere iam 6'1 and never thought much about it

• I'm somewhere between 6'0 and 6'1, if you want to meet tall guys try going to a gym or something.

• Thank you, I've actually been thinking about re-joining.

• I'm here! But already got married...

• In a different generation

• You could date me. I am about 6ft. :)

• In sports theirs lots of tall guys, especially basketball. I'm 6'3

• Well, I'm six feet tall. And most guys I know aren't 5'9'' or any shorter than that.

• You're trolling right? Where do you live, Central America?

• Not in the states. Nope just throwing myself a huge pity party, because every guy i meet doesn't want to date a girl who's taller than them, and i'm going to be alone forever.

• I would definitely date a girl taller than me, but I'm 6ft, so the odds of that happening are slim... where do you live?

• man that really sucks xD i´m only 5'8 and i feel like every girl is taller than me xD

• 6'4. Am I good enough?

• I am 6 feet tall and that is normal in my school...

• we are in South africa :D

• You are a giant. Most men are as tall as you.

• I know i'm not crazy crazy tall lol. Lately i's just been like, i feel self conscious of it. I don't feel feminine. How weird is that.
      Thanks for the comment though:)

• I never said that. I said it is a work in progress. I am going to therapy for it. @musicbrain5

• Thanks:) Don't be bitter, the height thing that you find annoying in us, some of us find annoying about us too. Just know nature hates everyone equally.

• This is karma flipping you off for actually caring about a guys height.

• I don't care, but guys who are shorter care. They don't notice me, they go for girls who are shorter than them. I don't know:(

What Girls Said 5

• "I don't care about height, but I care about height."

^ That's essentially what you said.

• Yep...
      Exactly, i know.
      I don't care. But i do because no guy wants to date a girl that's taller then them.
      I feel like no one is ever going to see me as like a girl. I'm not feminine, I'm tall and i have broad shoulders and i'm lanky. I'm pretty much a guy. I just want to date someone who makes me feel like a girl. Even if they're shorter to just care enough.

• I'm 173cm - that's what, 5'8 - 5'9?

I've dated shorter men and it's never been an issue. I'm no dainty flower either, so to say no guy would want to date you is inaccurate, considering that you pretty much just described me.

Not every guy on the planet cares about height and not every guy wants a super duper feminine girl.

• Thankyou, i needed to hear that! I'm sure this is just a temporary feeling anyway.

• Thats weird

where i live most giys are pretty tall and seem to tower over me

I'm 5 foot 7 and 1/2

• In countries like Sweden and Netherlands the average height for a guy is 6 foot i believe

• Move to the Netherlands. They have tall people

• Honestly considering it.

• I've kidnapped them

• Well I know plenty of tall guys. Where do you live anyway?