He's leaving in a week, should I tell him how I feel?

I've been sort of seeing this guy for about 3 months now. I've fallen pretty hard for him and he's told me several times that he really likes me too. Trouble is, he's leaving the country for a year in a week. He's assured me I'm going to get to spend some more time with him before he leaves, but the big question I have is- should I tell him exactly how I feel? On the one hand, I want to tell him so at least I know he knows, but on the other hand, even if I tell him, would he realistically still want to see someone he's known three months in a years time? We've had a pretty great time together so far, we talk all the time, he's really sweet and we hang out (& sleep together) regularly. Admittedly he's been rather distant these past few weeks but I'm putting it down to how busy he must be with organising for the trip. I'm totally stumped as to what to do anymore, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know I'm going to get some people a little mad at me, but I just think long distance relationships are a bad idea. I know it's only my personal opinion, but every person I have ever known (myself including) who had a long distance relationships ended up with someone hurt. In the Church I grew up in, the young adults (18-21) were expected to leave on a mission for a year and a half, with only letters for contact. So their girlfriends/boyfriends would promise to wait for them. They would come back only to find out they didn't. Someone always ends up moving on while the other is trying to be faithful. So I wouldn't say anything. If one of you meets someone during that year, then the other is just going to end up hurt. If your both still single when he gets back, then take up where you left off. I know it sucks, but I have just seen it happen to many times.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't you lose your chance. If you do and he leaves anyway - ad least you tried.

What Guys Said 3

• If you don't tell him, you will forever regret that decision. Telling him may not get the result you are hoping for, but at least you took a chance and you won't be looking back with regrets about what you should have done.

• You can tell him now or regret the rest of your life not telling him.

Sorry, if sounds rude the way I put it but I wanted too make this point across because you will always wonder "what if". And that's a terrible feeling to live with.

I have been in a similar situation and thank I told how I feel.
    Just tell him clearly how you feel.
    God luck!!

• Ever here of shrodingers cat

What Girls Said 0