What % of humans do you think actually legitimately stay FOREVER ALONE?

So what percentage of human population do you think actually does stay literally forever alone all their life (and NOT by choice)? Do you think it's different for men and women?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it is 5% that stay forever alone all their life not by choice. I tried researching but apparently google doesn't even know :( I feel like it is a low number because at some point in your life, there is most likely going to be one person who will actually ask you out and you say yes. (Granted it may not last, but it at least means you got promoted from forever alone status :D)

As for who is more likely to stay forever alone, it is hard to tell. Men tend to have the issue of gaining confidence and stuff, while women tend to have the issue of waiting for someone to ask them out (and it never happening). If I had to guess, I'd say men, just because if you get into the mindset of never asking someone out, a woman is less likely to ask you out. Then you're stuck in single pringle life.

Geez, the thought of being forever alone is kind of scary D:

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the percentage is actually low. I don't have any real statistical data, but I think majority of people would at least date in their lifetime. My uncle didn't date his whole life (I don't know his reasons), but when he was in his 50s, he met a woman and they got married 3 months later. So maybe some are just really late bloomers.

What Guys Said 52

• No more than 1-2%.

It varies by country. But the numbers I've seen show that around 90-97% of the population get married. Once you adjust for people who are single by choice, those who are in committed relationships but didn't get married, and all the people who at least had girlfriends or boyfriends at some point in their lives, then there can't be all that many who are literally alone their entire life.

This is the argument I often use for people who think they are doomed to be alone because they are "ugly", "fat", "poor", "shy", or whatever. Statistically the answer is no, they are not doomed to being alone. It's just not possible for it to be true, or the numbers wouldn't add up.

• That makes me feel better :x

• I'll stake my badass intuition against your badass intuition. 50 years from now we'll see who is right. That'll be in 2065. Be there!

• Ahah, I hope I'll survive that long!

• At a guess: sub 5%.
    I've got a couple of friends who've never been in so much as a half serious relationship, but thats a tiny minorety, and my social group contains a hell of a lot of geeks, freeks, weirdos and religious nuts... so groups whch one would expect to have a higher percentage of people who are forever alone.

I would say the percentage would be higher for guys than girls all things considered (women generally have an easier time dating if they are up for it, guys are more likley to be autistic or suffer suveer mental difficulties etc etc)... but then I think the numbers probably ballance out once you factor in how many lasses seem to get so hung up on virginity and nerves, or even religion, so that they never let themselves commit.

• I would say it is quite low - For example I am in my mid 40s and say of my immeadiate circle of friends of around 15 - I am single and another is seperated so 2/15 (about 13 or 14 %) - I would think that is close to right - Judging by society in general I don't know why but I think women might be slightly more left "Alone" than men - In all honesty I don't think gap is that much.

• I thought men were more likely to be forever alone!

• I have no facts to back it up - It just seems to me I know more older women on their own than men but as I said to me it is a very narrow margin - I am only going by people I see and know so I could be totally off the norm.

• Stands to reason as women live about 5 years longer, statistically speaking.

• It most def is different for men and women. Women by nature are more sociable (most of 'em) than men. I mean... most suicides are male and most bitter shits and creeps are male. It becomes easy to see who society rejects more.

Eh but whatever. Life is life. As for percentage, kind of hard to tell since you never even meet them any way.

• I think 30%. Today people are becoming less confident because it's impossible to know what women want. Women want men to be strong, powerful, tough, mean. Yet they want their man to be passive, sweet, caring, sensitive, warming, passionate, faithful, etc.

The gentler side is the better in my opinion. The women who want the "bad boy" you should just avoid those. So that knocks a big chunk of the population out.

Now if you have a preference, like mine is I like Asians (china, korea, japan, philippines, thai) then you knock another large portion of your so my population size pool is about 1.5 billion. Now divide that by 2 for women so about 750 million. Now we need to find the amount of dateable and available women - lets say I don't know... 300 million. Okay, now lets take about 1/3 of that for the women in my age range... so about 100 million. Now out of 100 million the amount of women that would find me a desirable match lets say 30% - so 30 million.

My pool size is about 30 million women. Which isn't a whole lot. The chance of find MRS. PERFECT, I mean perfect, is about so out of the 1.5 billion women there is about a 0.002% chance of finding MRS PERFECT...

The chances of being alone are high. However that's why we settle for someone who fits our taste and we can see a future with them. Otherwise we will be searching forever.

• Hahah, too bad I'm horrible at math 😄 But I think 30% is way too high, isn't it? ;o That means almost 1/3 of people will never be in a relationship in their whole life, doesn't seem right.

• forever alone i assumed was being married or a relationship that lasts forever. I completely bull shitted the numbers. but it's about the same thing.

• "NOT BY CHOICE"

Well, that's difficult to say. I don't think it's different for men and women. Since you asked "not by choice" then I would give my approximate percentage anywhere to be in the range of 10-15%.

• That is quite a lot tbh :(

• Really? you said "not by choice" so that was my approximation. If you had asked "BY CHOICE", then my answer would have been lesser than the percentage I gave. Anyways that's fine.

• I would say about 70 % people will be alone forever
    there is just too many unfaithful people out there
    we set our heart on someone and end up getting hurt
    some of them are materialistic and if a guy's not loaded
    with money he has no chance in hell of finding love yes
    it does suck big time ,

• I understand what u mean, but what I meant is people who have NEVER ever been even in 1 relationship in their life... it's definitely not 70% xD

• Yeah but you still couldn't call yourself FOREVER alone since you've been in a relationship at some point. What I consider forever alone is alone from birth till death.

• Yeah, i suffered long enough no matter what way i see it and ready to die anytime

• Hard to tell. It really depends on the region of the world and the generation. Recent studies indicate that 25% of the current young people will remain single forever.

time.com/3422624/report-millennials-marriage/

But your question is: how many of those will be FOREVER and NOT by choice. Ok I'll have to guess here. Of the 25% that will remain single forever, maybe 10/ will remain alone? And of the 10% that remain alone, maybe 3 or 4 % will be so not by choice?

I don't know, I'm just playing with numbers here. I wish I could have time to do a whole sociological amd psychological reseacrh on the subject but I don't :)

• I'll guess 10-15% of men and 5-10% of women never have a relationship, sex or whatever. I think women tend to be pickier on average.

• I don't know what % , but its too high and I hope you will not be one of them. I'll see you ask the complementary question in the future. I can just read a question from you and it would go , Who here thought they would be alone forever because they were badass and then found the love of their life , like me? you will ask it , if you still have time to come here ;-)

• well they are saying for our generation that it will be 25% when we are 50 but im not that optimistic. I think it will be closer to 50% of millennial that are single in our fifties.

• By forever alone I mean single af since birth till death

• it does... at least you've had the experience at dome point

• i think i heard this someplace don't quote me on this but something like 1% of the world is Asexual i would say prb a little over that number 1.3% of the worlds population but i have a feeling its higher but i'm just totally guessing based on the little knowledge i have on the subject

• 4% i think is safe, hopefully not higher, :)
    Now i hear in latvia there are more women than men, maybe i should help your Latvian Ladies out!

• all alone is all we are

• About 10% I would say. Men have higher percentage than women of being forever alone. Guys approach girls but if the guy has some serious problems in approaching somebody then he gets to be alone. Unlike girls, they just wait or give signals so that somebody will come up to them. They become forever alone if they just reject all the guys.

• Some people are meant to be alone? Maybe 5% or less?

• I'm definitely meant to be alone. lol if only you knew what i look like. no girl would date anyone who looks like me. I'm like the not-so-perfect combination between an ugly person and a socially awkward person. I'm 19 and have never had a girlfriend. so yeah, forever alone lol.

• I can join ya in the forever alone club 😃

• I could argue w that

• let me stop you there. judging by your picture you're not ugly. the reason why i don't have a picture of myself, is because i simply dont want people to see my face. because i think I'm simply too ugly.

• a wild guess would be 8% and more women since they are more in numbers they won't be picky for long soon lol

• I don't know about forever alone... but im sure you'd find more people that just end up alone after trying and failing in relationships or marriage.

I've been alone for quite a long time myself though... it might happen to me who knows. :/

• yup, but that's not really FOREVER alone since they've had the that relationship experience at some point.

I worry about myself too sometimes. I know I'm only 18, but not gonna lie, my intuition scares me sometimes.

• meh, you'll find someone missnowhere. you're very attractive.

• Thanks but it's not just about looks. Some people are meant to be forever alone I believe, it's like a curse or something. You can't escape it.

• I was meant to be alone. No girl has ever wanted to date or even talk to me, I'm an ugly, unlovable person with social anxiety. 24 and I've never had a girlfriend or been romantic with a woman. I guess its a part of natural selection, it hurts to know I'm going to be single forever, but I get it. I'm just not good enough genetically to carry on. I'm not mad or bitter, just realistic

• I have clue lol.

• I would say maybe 15% of the worlds population.

A lot of it is due to their personal values though. Some people just hold to high of a standard or want to live a life forever alone.

• 15% is hella lot :(

• I mean i said 15% because of the different cultures i am not aware of. But a real guess would probably be 7% maybe.

What made you wonder about this topic?

• I'm just scared that I might end up being one of the forever aloners 😳 So I wanted to know what are the chances.

• What do you mean by forever alone? Like, never having any friends or family or having on relationship? If you mean no relationship then I estimate a very small percentage.

• I think a small percentage, I think the majority of people will have a relationship of some sort at some point in their lives.

I think men may be left alone more, I think they're more able to live the single life and be content than women once they get into an older age... not saying that women can't, just a higher percentage I think feel as if they need someone.

• I hope I'll get out of that percentage... I think about 5% or so.

• Eh if you are nice and kind its impossible.

• @MissNowhere. Put me in that list

• in this 21st century it would be around 20% , as people only care about their updating their social media with selfies and crap

• I think fewer people than the ones who find somebody, so i'll say 30-35 % I'm in those 30-35% too so it's good to know that there are other people too lol

• Not that many! Can't be. By forever alone I mean forever alone since birth till death.

• oh in that case I would say probably 4-5% of people but then again some people are still feel like they're "forever alone" even when they get married and have children...

• 1% every one has someone I think

• More from Guys
    22

What Girls Said 16

• more like 5 % i think.. and maybe men are a bit more.. cuz they gotta make a move to get a girl.. and the shy and socially awkward ones are left behind.

• i think its equal and possible for both men and women to remain forever alone :( and the percentage even if not so high is still existant
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../...er-alone-animated-o.gif

• I say 15%, maybe less depending on where you live. I think the percentage is roughly the same between men and women. Again, it really depends on where you live and what type of people live around you.

• I think about 5% maybe (asexuals excluded) - and there can't actually be a gender difference here because the amount of women on the globe is about equal to the amount of men so for every 'forever alone' woman there has to be a 'forever alone' man somewhere in the world, at least that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

• In the world?
    Including everyone?

Those that have never had a relationship of from one point on will never have a relationship?
    If it's the first one then it may be 4%, the second one it might be 15%...

I'm not sure though, of course.

• Most people have a relationship at some point in their lives. I'd say less than 1% ends up alone. The rest are either married, in long-term relationships, hop from one relationship to the next, or just fuck around. 1% of 7 billion is 70 million people, I'm not sure that many people are forever alone. After all, it is a quite rare occurrence.

• I would say around 20% I know so many older single people that just quit trying because they think it's too late.

• Probably 10%, maybe slightly less.

• I don't know.. I guess 2-3 % 😳😳

• less than 5%

• I would say 10% or under

• I'd say 3% I was thinking 1% but that might be too low

• I'd say about 5-10% um maybe women hence the crazy cat lady joke thingy but I'm most likely wrong

• 10% and unfortunately gets because of the unrealistic standards people have

• i think veeeeeery small like maybe a few percent.

• If people stopped being picky, than I'm sure 0% would be forever alone