Girls, does a shy, socially awkward, 32 year old virgin by choice sound like someone you want to avoid dating?

If you learned of all three of these things about a man you might be interested in would you not want to date him?

And also lets say he's about 7.5 in looks.

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Truth be told, I don't have many (if any) deal breakers. I know no one is perfect and to expect to find someone that is, is just unrealistic. So, no that's not someone I would avoid dating. Not just because of what I said above but, also because that would make me the worlds biggest hypocrite. I'm shy, social situations aren't necessarily my forte and I'm also a virgin. So, to avoid someone who's almost like me would kind of be hypocritical and I might miss out on really great guy because of it and then that would just suck for me. So, no I would never avoid dating someone like that.

• You wouldn't happen to live in the L. A. area at all would you?

I would absolutely love to meet a girl just like me. i think the level of understanding we would have would be remarkable.

• No, sorry I don't. I live in Illinois but, if you're in IL feel free to look me up.

By the way, what's it like living in California?

What Girls Said 24

• I think it's sweet, my boyfriend is my first and I do wish I could've been his. If it's a woman who understands how sweet and special someone's virginity is she wouldn't mind. Being shy and socially awkward is also kind of sweet. My boyfriend can be odd at times when talking to people and sometimes he'll just say something so silly people will look at him weird, but when I see the awkwardness in his face it makes me smile. I just want to reach out and give him a big kiss because even though other people might not, at least I understand him. As long as you're not creepy as in a stalker, or secret pervert you'll be fine. Not many people may understand you but there is a woman who will, and when you find her you keep her, because she loves you for who you are and that's all that matters.

• Certain girls may be turned off that you are socially awkward. All of those traits are fixable though. If it's by choice you'll come across girls who have already had sex with someone or is an extrovert.

If you are open to dating and that doesn't worry you, then you are being open minded about it and that's what you need when you want to pursue a relationship with someone.

There are a good percentage of girls who haven't had a boyfriend or never experienced there first kiss and is socially awkward aswell. Maybe being able to communicate with those girls might be ideal for you. That way you are both learning together and that friendship blossoming into a relationship will be stronger.

• i'd date him if i found him attractive

• so neither of those things would be a deal breaker to you?

• I'm saving it for a girl i fall in love with actually.

• then she shouldn't mind that ur a virgin...

• It would really depend on our dynamic.

How do we interact and get along...

Shy will start to go away, to a point.

Socially awkward.. depends on how bad, in what ways.. it can be endearing.. dealbreaking.. or just something you work around...

and.. Virgin at 32.. I guess that depends on why that choice was made.. and what requirements there would be to "fix" that.

• Not really. It depends on if you can stop being shy around me at some time.

• Well he Is old.. 32 and I'm 23..., so that alone I would not date you... And I want a guy that's not shy...

• Im socially awkward sometimes but it gets better once I get used to the person... it shouldn't be a dealbreaker as long as you open up later on

• Not necessarily. I'm actually into shy guys. It's a plus for me.

• Nope, just like you. I'm shy, pure and also socially awkward. I don't think girls should avoid you because you're a virgin and you're shy. They should get to know your personality and see if you guys have chemistry.

• It depends on his level of shyness and social awkwardness. The 32 year old virgin thing doesn't phase me. I'm a virgin myself and also shy. However, my friends consider my a functional shy person. Like I don't let it debilitate me. I'm not afraid to get what I want and speak up for myself. In social settings I'm not that great at being the social butterfly but I'm also not afraid to speak to a total stranger.

• Honestly? Yes. That does sound like someone I would have no interest in dating. However, being a virgin by choice at that age, I'm pretty sure you'd want nothing wrong to do with me either haha

• Yes, because I don't date guys that old. And I would prefer to date someone who's more outgoing and relaxed.

• For me personally, yes. I'm not into super shy or awkward men.

• I would have no problem with that provided you were not creepy in other ways.

• Well, when you put it in those oh so appealing terms...

• I'm going to be 29 and I'm still a virgin, so no.

• of the three, i would be most concerned of the socially awkward bit, but that's fixable
    it really depends on the type of connection we have

• yeah what the hell stop being so shy and get laid

• No, I wouldn't want to date him.

• yes, he sounds like he's avoiding it all by himself.

• No!!! Beause I'm also shy and socially awkward. I want someone who'll make me feel better

• honestly? yes. sorry but yes.

• No, none of those three things are by any means deal breakers or would make me avoid a person that i was interested in.
    The only thing that might be a hindrance is how much of a homebody he might be. I don't mind shy or socially awkward, i'm not really that into that socializing party chit chat lifestyle myself, but i still like to go out and do stuff. As long as the guy doesn't just want to stay home every single night, being shy and a virgin (so he has no std's or baggage? Doesn't sound bad!) isn't something to avoid.
    Being a cocky asshole who sleeps around and cheats is the one to avoid.

• Yes I would avoid dating you. I find that a little odd

• so it's odd... why is that something you would avoid?