Girls, how do you feel about a guy who doesn't mind you're dating other guys?

When two people first start dating, neither can expect the other person to be exclusive. But, if a guy who isn't jealous, tells the girl he's OK with the girl dating other guys, and even encourages it, how does a girl feel about that? At what point does a girl feel the guy shouldn't be seeing other girls? The guy isn't dating anyone else, but understands he has no right to tell the girl to stop seeing other guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• The current guy I'm with actually did the same thing. I liked it. With one thing though, he made it clear that he wasn't nor did he want to see anyone else and that while it made him a little jealous, he wasn't worried. So I dated other guys, tested the waters. But it was dedication to me and confidence that no other guy would impress me like he did that made me stop seeing all the other guys almost immediately.

• Yeah, that's how I feel. Is it important to make it clear that he isn't dating anyone else and is just not worried?

• Yeah that was pretty important to me if you're looking to make it serious. Had the guy said he was seeing other girls too I probably would've kept seeing the other guys too. But the fact that he made it known it was ok that I did because we're not together, & that he felt sure enough about me to not need to date anyone else, made it so sweet.

What Girls Said 5

• I would think that he was seeing other girls and that he isn't serious about me.

• I wouldn't like to be told that I could date other guys because I would be afraid you would expect the leniency back, when I'm not ok with that. I feel like its saying hey I don't really care about your feelings, I just wanna get some.

• I wouldn't like his behavour, and would avoid him

• Why don't you like it? At what point do two people feel it's not alright to be dating others?

• Dating as in have been on 1 or 2 dates and not in a relationship. You don't agree that if you do on one date to the movies with some guy that you can go to the movies with another guy if you're not in a relationship?

• Of course I can, but I wouldn't do it

• I would feel that he is understanding on one hand. But on another hand, maybe he might try to use it later when it's convenient for him. A girl feels a guy shouldnt be seeing other girls when she feels emotionally attached to him. This is regardless of a conversation between the two of them and of his desires. It is likely when she will want it.

• I would think how cool.

What Guys Said 0