A complicated move that could seriously mess up a friendship?

So I've known this girl for almost 10 years and we've been friends for a while. A few years back when I was still sooo naive and unpracticed when it came to relationships I asked her to a school dance previous to knowing that nobody was really asking people. It got weird for a bit but now were even closer than before. This past year we had a lot of classes together and during study hall I'd go to her class and chill with her one on one, make jokes, flirt a little and I started realizing how great of a girl she really is. I fell for her and I'm not sure what to do. We're both seniors this year and lately I've come to realize life is far to short to sweat the small stuff but if I go out on a limb and tell her what's actually on my mind I could lose her forever. I know it might seem cut and dry to some... either go for it and possibly have a nice relationship or dont and stay just friends, but for some reason to me it seems more complicated. Maybe it's just a mental road block... I feel like I should just make the move and if it doesn't work out fix the friendship after but at the same time it might not be fixable. Like I said I've fallen for this girl and I want her as something more than just a friend I just don't know what to do next.

The comments have both been helpful, I'll have to do this soon. I have a feeling other guys are starting to see what I see and I don't need that kind of complication.

Most Helpful Girl

• you need to tell her how you feel.

• What things would a guy say to you when you were younger to get this across? I mean I have an idea it has to do with something her and I joked about in past but I'd like to know what you think.

Most Helpful Guy

• So, the right and smart thing to do here, is to make sure that she's not crushing on anyone, because if she is, you're already in hell.. i mean.. Friendzone,
    Second; Make her fall for you, before she finds out you like her, it's a bit psychological but girls think like this, and like the guy usually who they can't have. So if you show her you're a choice, you lost the game. After that, talk to her in private, and tell her how you feel.

• Yeah from experience that's what I've noticed. The only way to win over a girl now a days is to get that mutual falling for each other and people don't just give it a try, you're completely right it's all psychological. So how do I figure out if she's crushing without it making me either seem like I'm either tryna get details because I'm into her or that I'm such a close friend (aka friend zone) that she wouldn't see me in that way and I her because I'd hate to make her think those things. As you said friend zone and her knowing im into her before that's reciprocated is not good.

What Girls Said 2

• make a move!

• Confess to her.

What Guys Said 0