Can a 17 year old date a 19 year old?

Most Helpful Guy

• No this would violate the law of physics and the fabric of the universe would be ripped to shreds.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why not. I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 20. My parents have met him and they're okay with it. Of course, soon enough came the 'talk' with my mom and she's asked me to go to the GP and get the pill (she's just worried I'll get pregnant, not finish school etc). I really love and respect my parents for being so open about things and, most importantly, realistic. 2 years gap will not do any harm, especially considering the level of maturity between guys and girls of the same age. For me, the typical 17 year old is just immature, whereas a 20 year old actually knows what he wants and how to get it. He's had a little more experience in life and will knoe how to treat his girl. Same goes for the 19 year old. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 7

• I see no problems. At least where I live you can date "legally", but here is not a good country to start making comparisons, you see bigger gaps actually.

• Yeah that seems okay

• Yes, unless one is in high school and the other is not. Never date across the high school graduation line.

• No, the army will arrest you for being naughty.

• No reason on this earth why you shouldn't. It is quite a reasonable age gap. Go for it

• Yeah they can

• no, it's against the law.

What Girls Said 8

• I think they can but they have to be careful with a) laws.. and 2) that they both want the same things.
    If they don't establish boundaries it don't go far. By the way I have seen this happen with my sister and it worked for 3 years but as one grew up they grew apart. Good luck.

• In the state of Texas, the legal consent age is 17, so yes. But I don't know the laws in your state..

• Yeah why do you ask?

• Depending what the legal age of consent is in the state/country you live in

• Yeah it's totally fine.

• sure, why not

• Yes, it's not illegal and not gross so there is nothing wrong with it

• yes they can/