Have you ever told a friend he made a mistake to break up with a girl?

Like he is one of those guys that isn't good with relationships. All his friends liked her, she was pretty and made good money but he got in the way of himself. He was the problem but for some reason she put up with him?

What Guys Said 1

• "Have you ever told a friend he made a mistake to break up with a girl?"

^so did this guy broke-up wid her u said?

"Like he is one of those guys that isn't good with relationships. All his friends liked her, she was pretty and made good money but he got in the way of himself. He was the problem but for some reason she put up with him?"

^so if he broke-up wid such a gal... then ya it seems like he madea a bad decision since it seems he was lucky dat made her like him... BUT...

but wot if he was feelin dissatisfied... for his own reasons?

• Yeah exactly and he was dissatisfied for his own reasons. His own reasons being he is highly uncomfortable with conflict of any kind. He's broken up with his last 6 girlfriends at the first or second fight which are over things that could be resolved. I think he has Aspergers.

I just care for him so when his friends come up to me and tell me what a mistake it is, they tried to warn me because this is what he does my heart goes out to him.

I know we can't be together because I give him a mile and he doesn't give me an inch. He says hurtful things because he doesn't understand emotions. But with each breakup he gets hurt because he doesn't understand why even though the why is the same every time.

I just can't stand to think of him getting hurt again multiple times over the same issue. His friends tell me but won't tell him. I don't want to be with him but I love him. Seeing how upset he is I can't stand to think of him going through this 6 more times and learning nothing.

• But I can't hate him for it because it isn't coming from a mean place. He has a disorder. Be do I want to be with him- no. Do I want to know he isn't suffering- yes.

I'm thinking of talking to his doctors or parents. I just don't want him to be in pain and left to his own devices he will. He is blind to it but high functioning. I know the less he is on and he knows he isn't normal. He thought he was Anti-Social personality disorder at one point. I just want to protect him from himself.

• "Thanks these are good points. He gets girlfriends because he is insanely smart and has learned how to mimic certain behaviors but he can't reciprocate any emotion or see when you are happy or upset unless you are crying."

^u r welcome! i guess he can work out readin other ppl's emotions actually... so he won't fail any further... he's already smart which's a good trait.. but he lacks knowledge of readin body/facial language.. :)

"He would talk to me like I was awake and move me about. "

^ya he believes since he's awake other people would be... obvously at 3AM most people r asleep... ;)

"And once he has decided something is logical there is no reasoning your way out of it. It was the right thing to do and he would do it again. Even if he knows 99% of the population wouldn't make the same call he would again and again."

^i see.. can't he work this out? by havin someone xplainin to him,... not all people would think his way?

What Girls Said 0