Should I date my best guyfriend?

So, my guy-friend and have been friends for 3 years and recently, he told me he has feelings for me and asked me to Homecoming, I love him so much like a brother, but I feel like if we dated, we wouldn't be the same if we broke up and I love being his bestfriend. Should I go to Homecoming with him and basically lead him on or not go? Should I date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you think there's a chance of some chemistry developing. If you see him as a brother and he isn't attractive to you, then it just won't work. If the idea of kissing him or something seems appealing to you, then give it a try.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't lead him on. Good relationships are a combination of friendship and romantic/lustful/sexual attraction. You already have the friendship. If you can imagine having an attraction to him, then go for it. But if you will never be able to see him as anything other than a brother-figure, then don't lead him on.

• for me it was like that with a friend of mine... i catched feelings for her but she rejected me. i tried to stay friends but my feelings hurt too much. what i want to say is: maybe give it a try, you might lose him anyway.

• There is no friendship between guys and girls and you know that you will eventually do it, so no reason to post questions about it.

• yes - filler

• I don't know, in most cases I would say yes! Give this guy a chance. But you said the ultimate clue as to what usually leads to not so great things I this situation. "So much like a brother".

Do you see a successful relationship "dating him"? Has the thought ever crossed YOUR mind before he revealed HIS feelings? If no then I think not. Two hearts and a great friendship is on the line here... choose wisely :).

• Only if you see something could develop. I'm in a similar situation. I have feelings for a really good girl "friend" of mine but I would hate to lose the friendship if I revealed my feelings to her. Hmmmm what to do

What Girls Said 0