Would you consider a 39yo dating a 16yo a pedophile?

(It's a gay couple) I don't see why it's a big deal and people think the older is a pedo. 16 is the age of consent in some places like Canada. And many other gay and lesbian relationships have big age gaps too, and they work out.

• I think he's a pedo
  • I don't think he's a pedo

Most Helpful Guy

• There was a guy in State of PA who married a girl age 16 and he was age 39

yes it does happen but they got be married ,

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter if they're gay or straight or anything else. It's a grown adult man takingig advantage of a vulnerable child. JFC.

• I don't want to be childish but the fact that you call a 16 years old whom you don't know a "vulnerable child" enrages me. You know this is not the always the case. You're underestimating their maturity. You may think it's wrong, but you simply can't call someone a vulnerable child like they're 5.

• Asker, the fact that you're "enraged" shows your lack of maturity and self control, which are characteristics of a mature adult. There are reasons why the legal age is 18. Your brain is still developing and at your age you haven't experienced the real adult world, or many things for that matter. You're at that annoying phase in your life in between child and barely legal. Being 18 doesn't make you an adult either, by the way. You're making a huge mistake that's pretty gross and very foul.

• I simply don't agree. Not going to waste time with you. You are wrong and you know why.

What Guys Said 6

• How/why does it matter if it's a gay couple? It SHOULDN'T matter!!! Gays are implementing a double standard here.

• Uhhh. I just said they're gay, not they should get different treatment because they're gay. Leave if you're a homophobe.

• No, I didn't. Are you denying that your assumption is wrong? I know what I did better than you.

• Yes, you did. What assumption are you thinking I'm denying is wrong?

• Yeah that's really weird.

Pedophile definition- A person who is sexually attracted to children.

Under 18=Child. So yeah he's a pedophile.

• No. Not under 18 = child. That's only law and law is not always right. Do you think a 5yo and 17yo are the same?

• Well it might be legal but it's still wrong

• at 16 the boy should know enough to be safe

• Ephebophilia

• Hebephilia is the strong and persistent adult sexual interest in pubescent (early adolescent) individuals, typically ages 11–14 (see the Tanner stage). It differs from Ephebophilia, which is the strong and persistent sexual interest to those in later adolescence, approximately 15–19 years old,[1][2] and differs from pedophilia,[2] which is the primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[3][4][5] While individuals with a sexual preference for adults may have some sexual interest in pubescent-aged individuals,[2][6] researchers and clinical diagnoses have proposed that hebephilia is characterized by a sexual preference for pubescent rather than adult partners.[2][7]

• If you are the 16 girl... i think you shouldn't... but you wouldn't listen me... am i right?

• There is no girl, and the younger one is not always a girl. Tell me for the sake of God, why don't you read the question?

• If you are a girl and if you are lesbian, you may be the 16 years old girl, who said i didn't read?
      Anyway i understand why you think it's acceptable, but the thing is... the 16 yo needs to learn more about life with younger people before jumps to a very adult world. For it's own interest.

• Dating an adult is not jumping anywhere. You don't know what they know. Also, I'm saying HE, is it that hard FFS

• Society only seems to give a shit when the older person is a male.
    If a older female is with a younger male or female the older women is not given anywhere near the level of hate a male would get.

Ex: The older women (late 30's) who used to go to underage Justin Beiber concerts with signs and fawn all over the kid. If the roles were reversed... I can't even imagine.

• noooo both are grosssss

• Unfortunately society doesn't agree with you. I do but society doesn't.

What Girls Said 8

• Anyone who preys on young people is a pedophile.

• not really. "preying" HDYK FFS

• That's pretty standard, child. Educate yourself.

• Well, that's rude.

• yes, I would. a 39 year old has no business being involved with a 16 year old. At all.

• "No business".

I love humanity and their societal norms.

• of course he is.

• pedophile means that you are into prepubescent kids, which isn't the case with a 16 year old. maybe it's wrong, but he's at least not a pedo. but as far as I know there exists a special term for that too but don't know it

• Yeah he's a pedo. .3.

• That's fucking disgusting.

• You're 17 though? Do you think everyone -1 your age as a little baby? I respect all opinions, but "fucking disgusting"?

• Whatever, man. If you don't respect your peers...

• I don't respect pedophiles, sorry.

• yes he is.

• Its kinda gross, but if its within the legal laws then techincally he's not a pedo.
    Still creepy tho thats a HUGE age difference