My parents won't allow me to go on vacation with my boyfriend?

Hi everyone, my parents are really strict and I dont know what to do anymore. I'm 19, my boyfriend's 21, and we've been together for eight months now. Our relationship can't be any more serious. We already talked about getting married after we finish school in about 8 years.. Today, my boyfriend brought up the idea that we should at least go on a three day vacation every summer (alone) and I agreed to it. However my parents dont approve (yelled at me).. They think I should be married before going on vacation and sleeping over with him. But the thing is, they know I've already went to second base with him so what's the big deal?

Oh, and my parents think doing those sorts of things before marriage is a lack of self-respect and low-class... Can anyone explain me this/understands?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're living with your parents just suck it up. You need to respect their opinion until you're supporting yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Are they paying for school? Once you are completely on your own, you can ignore them. But until then...

• You've been together for 8 months and you're already talking about marriage? just be glad your dad isn't like al bundy, or you wouldn't even have made those 8 months.

• hmmm.. whats wrong talking about marriage? we're both very mature.

• Well, we both think we found our perfect match and that we want to live the rest of our lives together. Yeah 19 sounds a little soon, I thought the same once. But once you live it, its not the same! lol

• They are right :) You will understand them when you become a parent ;)

• she's an adult. I hope you don't procreate because those will be unhappy children. I'm fourteen and my parents would let me stay over at my boyfriends if they knew him well enough. It's all about trust and mutual respect, something you clearly do not have, sir.

• First of all;you have respect people :) If i have a child I won't allow also, girl or boy... And I do believe such things must be happen after marriage;if they love each other much and can't wait;they can marry if they are adult like you said ;)
      I am sure I have more respect and more trust towards to people than you have :) you must learn how to talk first without humuliating ;)

What Girls Said 4

• Well technically ur an adult, u can do what u want... But if they r taking care of u u should respect their wishes.

• Are you living on your own or with your parents? are you religious? strict parents can be tough, but maybe if you tell them you really want their trust in you, tell them exactly what the plans are etc, they will approve? Do they know and like your boyfriend? You could always tell them you're staying over at a friends, but I wouldn't do that. Try to tell them how serious you guys are!

• Okay Ill answer your questions in order lol :P Yes I'm still living with my parents, no we're not religious, I did that and they're stubborn, yes they know and like my boyfriend (my dad thinks he should be more of a man, but my dad's a macho), lol can't do that, I'm not even allowed to stay at a friends house... They know that we're serious but they dont care.. They want me to live exactly what they did pre-marriage: only see each other once a week. Fun...

• hmm. difficult. The only thing you can do is sit them down and talk to them once more. Calmly explain that you really want to go. Tell them it does not have to be annual, you just want to try it out. bring him over to bond with your family more. You could try telling them you do not want to live like they used to, but respect that they do. Say you are an adult, don't go too far either. If all fails, try and convince them by saying they can visit once? Or you can say you two want to see if living together will work or smth xp My parents are quite easy, so I really don't know what else to say. :$

• If you're living under their roof then you still have to go by their rules😕

• You're an adult. Their opinion is irrevelant.