Why do people always lie about darkskin being so beautiful?

After posting my photos online, I pretty much was told that at a club the lighter skin girls are going to stand out more because you can see them a lot better. All of the lies you tell about darkskin being so gorgeous and beautiful is just that lies... it provides comfort but has no basis in reality. I'm pretty angry that my skin tone is the sole reason why I'm considered the least attractive girl in the room. I also don't go to clubs or bars because I'll always get ignored if there are lighter women around. It hurts so bad

Most Helpful Guy

• Dark skin women are usually seen as less attractive. That's true and that's thanks to society. But it's not like EVERYONE is ALWAYS lying when they say this.
    If I'm completely honest, I do find dark-skin women attractive but it depends how dark she is. If she's really really dark then I can't help but be turned off and that's because of the bullshit I've been told to believe by media. But still, there IS people who are attracted to people that dark.

Most Helpful Girl

• People think that light skin is better simply because of brainwashing by the media. Dark skin can be just as beautiful, trust me, there are many people who think this way, you just have to find them. I think the excuse that they 'stand out better' is complete and utter BS, being able to stand out doesn't make your skin tone any better than any others.

What Guys Said 2

• Can we see your photo? It would help to tell if that is really the case. And by dark skin you mean black?

• I don't have a preference either way on just skin color. I suppose if they can't see you clearly you need to change to a venue with more light. Take up ballroom dancing?

What Girls Said 3

• To start with, if you're letting other people have that influence over you then that's sad on your part.

• It is not a lie. I actually consider dark skin beautiful.

• i think it is though.