Do your parents care if you date outside of your race? Would you go against their wishes if they did?

My parents dont care, but I'd probably go against their wishes if they did.

• My parents care, so I would not go against their wishes.
  • My parents care, but I would go against their wishes if I really like the girl/guy.
  • My parents don't care.
  • Regardless of what my parents think, I still would not date outside of my race.

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad might be surprised if I were to like date an Asian or black girl, but he wouldn't disapprove of it. My mom doesn't care as long as the girl is good to me, haha.

Besides, considering the fact that I am heavily mixed (predominately Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Italian with some Chinese, Spanish, and Hebrew), it would be hypocritical as fuck of them to bitch about me dating girls of different races.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mother wouldn't care at all, but my father would be upset.
    But I would date outside my race regardless of their opinion. It's my life, I do what I want and what makes me happy.

The only thing that would bother me is if his family didn't like me or treat me bad because of my race.

• Yea that also worries me

• I hope it doesn't happen. It would ruin the relationship and I think I couldn't handle it.

• Thank you for the MHO.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think they would be overly fond of it. My dad is a racist, and I don't like it. My mum isn't racist, but she is strongly against large amounts of immigrants entering the UK. Out of my family I think I'm the most accepting person. In my book I don't care who you are, where you're from or what color skin you have I don't judge.

I don't care if they don't approve. My life, not their's.

• Done it, and my parents didn't like it one bit. My grandparents would have disowned me though, so that's progress.

The real key to me is to live your life on your own terms and if people love you, they'll come around.

• Glad someone got over it

• My parents are very... ''Traditionally British''.. As is their parents and so on and so on. Which is just a polite way of me saying they don't like foreign people very much. Especially black / Asian people.

Meanwhile, I have nothing against anyone, And, I actually think quite a lot of black girls look pretty, So, If it came down to it, Then yeah, I probably wouldn't give a shit about my parents opinion on the matter. I was never really close with them anyway.

But, Its irellevent as ill never be dating anyway so fuck it xD

• Lol why will you never date?

• Dude, you live ingreat britain. I heard the girls there are whorish, so it should be pretty easy right.

• Whorish, haha, im afraid just like everyhere else, girls oh date the hot dudes mate.

• When they were alive they did not care about skin color. Now they're dead , they care even less about it.

• Im not sure whether to laugh or not

• Who cares that much about skin color? It's only a pigment in the skin.

• I've never cared what parents thought about my dating life.

• Both my parents died before I really started dating. Plus, I grew up in a part of Ireland that had few different races

• I wouldn't generally date out of my race, not cause of the skin colour, but mostly because of the cultural differences which may arise. My parents wouldn't really encourage it much either for the same reason.

• Honestly though, the cultural differences make it even more interesting. It's fun to learn about different cultures through people. It expands horizons, and can build a pretty strong relationship if done right. Going salsa dancing for the first time with a cute hispanic girl this week, can't wait!

• Yaa maybe, but there are few factors that would effect me more, particularly cause I'm a Hindu (with another sub caste... very complicated), this means there are some things which are harder to adjust. For example, I'm vegetarian, and I don't really feel comfortable with going to places where non-vegetarian food is served. Smaller things like this can really act adversely in my relationships. (personally)

• I never dated outside of my race, I just don't fall for people of other races... And of course appearance isn't everything, but it's part of the package.

• I don't think my parents care, but I usually date within my race.

• I voted C. If they did care I would just ignore them.

• I wound never date out of my race no matter what they said. To me white women are the most beautiful thing ever, and they have no equals in beauty.

• ( -_-) (-_-) (-_- ) Uh dude, thats a little harsh. . . and shallow. You're telling me Lucy Liu, Beyonce and Sophia Vegera aren't beautiful? You do know it's just a pigment, right?

• I'm a black woman, and this doesn't offend me at all. To each his own.

• Good i don't wish to offend you.

• Whoops I voted wrong. My parents don't care.

• As long as you're not dating them BECAUSE they're another race

• Makes sense. Some people do that just to irritate their prejudice parents

• All people tend to

• There'd be a raised eyebrow but they probably wouldn't be completely against it, even if they were, fuck what they think! lol

What Girls Said 21

• My parents don't judge based on race, thankfully. They just want me to be with someone who respects me and has good character.

If they did care, and I happened to be dating a guy whose race they were hypothetically against, I'm not sure what I'd do... I'd like to think I'd follow my heart.

• My parents would definitely prefer for me to date a white guy, but they've always told me that as long as he's a good man and respects me and is hardworking, skin color doesn't matter.

I would feel nervous introducing a guy from a different race to them but I know eventually they would be fine with it.

• They don't care. They're not of the same race either.

• Lol and now we see why they dont care 😍

• Ack! I didn't see the "not" part of the last answer until it was too late! >_< It's pretty obvious that I would date outside my race though, regardless of whether my parents were okay with it or not. I just tend not to dig guys of my own race that much =\

• I think my parents may be against certain races. If he's indigenous or some race of Asian they probably don't mind. If he came straight out of a warzone and immigrated here, they would mind (frankly, I would too).
    My preference is Australian, but being mixed is not a big issue. I'm concerned about if I need to be overly-sensitive about some hard religion or domineering family, or he speaks another language that provides a communication barrier and not caring to get involved in Australian culture. He would really have to be a great man for me to get invested in a relationship, let alone a multicultural one.

• My dad would care, but my mom wouldn't. Would still date the person.

• My dad would not care my mom would prefer if I married a black man but she would not make a big deal about if i didn't

• I've never dated outside my race but I know that my parents don't care about something like that.

• They hand me a full freedom to choose, it doesn't really matter if I really love him and if he's a good guy. But my father did said it'll be better if he came from a same race. Which is out of question because I couldn't stand men in our race, their judgement on girls and the women position in marriage

• My mom isn't too concerned about this, so long as they're a Christian. My dad, however, is completely against dating outside of your race. What's funny is that he is totally averse to a white girl dating a black guy and vice versa, but I think mixed guys are hot 😍 If he ever found out, he would kill me. Haha.

• I know I'm too young to be dating but my parents really don't care :P

• Both my parents dated outtside so they shouldn't care lol. My Grandpa kinda cares though. But what that old man gone do? Haha

• Meant to vote C. My parents don't care. But then I'm almost 30 so it doesn't really matter.

• Hahah yea you're adult now

• My dad cares, but my mom doesn't. So I don't know what too click.

• Neither of my parents care but my Grandpa does. Its all up to you at the end of the day. But if yo daddy crazy as hell, save the life of the guy by not dating him haha

• Nah, I always risk it. While my dad does care he'd never stop me. My happiness > his closet prejudice is what's in his mind when I date outside my race. .3.

• my mum likes my boyfriend too.. lol she think he is very handsome well comparing my own race..

• Yeah my parents care

• My mom doesn't care but my dad does.

• Would you let him stop you from being wtih someone you love?

• No, because he cheated on my mom with a woman that was a different race. I honestly don't have nothing to worry about though because we don't talk..

• I can definitely relate to all of that

• People who deliberately date outside their race on purpose because they know it will piss their parents off are racist and they are not any better than their parents

• I didn't mean do it to piss off your parents. I meant if you seriously like the person to the point where you dont care what your fam thinks

• I dated outside my race once but I rarely do that my mom met him and she looked like she saw a ghost but she did not care she dated outside of her race while in high school, I did not date in high school. I never loved anyone that truly to be serious with anyone yet

• My parents got warmed to the idea of light skinned children as long as I don't ruin the gene height pool which they care more about.. As a teenager if I ever thought about dating someone tanner than me (I'm attracted to way darker) then id just get a new purse new car new whatever to just prevent me but now that I'm older he could be black Asian they don't care...

• My parents don't give a shit.

• Although I'm a biracial individual, my parents do care about the race of the people I get involved with, it includes friends too. My parents would probably disinherit me if I decided to date a black man.

• Wow. Thats crazy

• Well, at least I'm not half black, cause if I were then I'd have to agree with you and say it's indeed crazy.

• Mine don't care.