Where is this relationship heading? Is "playing hard to get" important or harmful in this case?

B and I are both seniors in high school with minimal relationship experience. I met him on a group trip and liked him. I thought he liked me back but I wasn't sure. On the final night of our trip B's friend asked me if I liked B. He said he thought B liked me and wanted to know if I liked him back before pushing him to ask for my number. I said I did and later that night B asked me for my number. The first few days back we texted almost daily but then my friend warned me that that might be overkill so I stopped texting him so much. After a few weeks (we were both out of town a lot) we had a date. We just went on a walk and talked. He seemed pretty nervous but still interested during the date and hugged me goodbye. (he is very sweet but also shy) Since then we've texted every few days, of which I initiate about 1/2 of. Our texting is pretty dry, I don't want to freak him out with a bunch of OMG's or kissy faces. Anyway, I told him I have a little availability this weekend in case he wanted to see me. He said he would have to see and hasn't gotten back to me. I wish our relationship was moving faster (more physical, more communication) but I don't want to seem needy or pushy. I want a casual boyfriend for my senior year, someone I am committed to but not attached at the hip to (we are both busy athletes and student and we go to different high schools) and can just have fun with. Dating sites suggest not chasing a guy but they also assume all guys are experienced and and confident with women, two things he is not. Where is this relationship heading? Also, should I be initiating more or less?

What Guys Said 1

• "I said I did and later that night B asked me for my number."

^so this means he was interested as well i believe since he even asked for yer # himself...

"We just went on a walk and talked. He seemed pretty nervous but still interested during the date and hugged me goodbye. (he is very sweet but also shy) Since then we've texted every few days, of which I initiate about 1/2 of. "

^1/2 isn't bad actually if u think so... and he was being nervous coz he liked u... people tend to be nervous around other people they like truth's...

"Our texting is pretty dry, I don't want to freak him out with a bunch of OMG's or kissy faces."

^when u say dry? does he give 1-2-word answers?

"Anyway, I told him I have a little availability this weekend in case he wanted to see me. He said he would have to see and hasn't gotten back to me. "

^yet this might've been an xcuse he wanted to avoid u... possibly he had his reasons y he did but he didn't bother to xplain...

"I want a casual boyfriend for my senior year, someone I am committed to but not attached at the hip to (we are both busy athletes and student and we go to different high schools) "

^so do u want a nsa relationship i guess? coz "commited" and "not attached" r opposites actually... ;)

"Dating sites suggest not chasing a guy but they also assume all guys are experienced and and confident with women, two things he is not"

^basiclaly if he's shy as u say... and if in case u r less shy than him... then i guess u should be da one who should do da chasin... ;)

"Also, should I be initiating more or less?"

^1/2 is fine as i said... :)

What Girls Said 0