Do these photos look fake?

This gentleman has decided to message me claiming that he's a pilot. Upon closer inspection of his photos, it appears to me that these photos lack professionalism in the industry and the overall environment seems unrealistic. He was unable to answer any questions that verifies his profession as a pilot, all the while asking me to give him a chance. What do you think?
Do these photos look fake?

• Yes they look fake.
  • No they seem legit.
My intuition is pointing towards "fake". It is highly probable that this uniform is hired for the photo shoot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to go out on a limb here and call out his bluff. His uniform looks shonky as. The friend is not even allowed to be in the pit anyways, it's a policy. If that is the "co-pilot" well his uniform is not on point at all anyways.

Why is he in uniform and on a tractor (from what the big vehicle looks like?) who freaking knows.

• Exactly. It is unprofessional and he adamantly claims that he is a pilot. He's foolish enough to message me and convince me about his claims. Why do you think he dressed up and impersonated a pilot? Why can't he tell the truth? And you are right. Unauthorized persons have no access towards cockpits. Anyone without an ASIC cannot enter the cockpit without the PIC 's permission which should be rejected. If I wanted to promote a professional image, I would definitely not take a photo on a tractor as it does not define my profession. Also, there aren't many photos in the aircraft and the cockpit. Also, his uniform looks fake, he may have hired it or bought it off the internet.

To me, a uniform is just a shell. Without the aeronautical knowledge, it would make you feel completely hollow. Pride does not come from the uniform itself. Everyone can wear a uniform and claim that they're a pilot but not many can get a multi-million aluminium beast from A to B safely.

• Yes I did. He is a loser for lying to me and other's. Not only is this misleading, but shows the extend of him lying to get his point across.

• Good job. 99 problems and he ain't one.

What Guys Said 11

• Someone in the left seat wearing a tank top? I don't think so. You seem to always go for pilots, why? You're free to date anyone. My ex wasn't I. Aviation industry and I've only dated one that was

• I don't go for pilots. Like I said I won't consider dating other pilots. He has messaged me and his profile has raised some suspicions.

• And does you knowing him/dating him hinge on him being a pilot? The other aspects of his profile should tell you all you need to know.

• What matters is that he lied to me about his profession. Lying is a red flag to me, and hinders all other remaining qualities he has. He thinks that I am stupid enough to fall for his antics. Why do people impersonate a pilot though? And the horrible photo resolution is more forgiving when hiding a fake airline logo and an ASIC card.

• And he had asked me if I have been inside a cockpit before. Really? People on Airlinepilotsforum would pick him out immediately. The fact he thinks I can fall for his antics is condescending.

• Just ask for his pilots license.

• I was able to ask ATP questions from the top of my head. CPL and people is a piece of cake. Wait till you get till turbojet and turbofan engines. Oh the joy and excitement

• No. Why would I ask him for his license when his knowledge is displayed immediately in front of me that can indefinitely determine his legibility?

• Oh, then you got the answer you're looking for.

• He could have better photos easily lol...
    Anyway, if he cannot answer to some professional questions, he's a fraud.

• I asked him a question that only a pilot would answer correctly: have you ever flown in microbursts before?

To which he replied: if you mean windshear, most of the time.

I straight away knew that he is a fraud. First of all, a pilot would not go flying given conditions that give rise to circular patterns of raised dust, virga in high clouds and the windsock is waving in opposing directions. A microburst is basically a small downdraft. There would initially be a strong headwind when flying into one, before a strong tailwind would push the aircraft towards the ground. Given uncorrected, it would be critical. It is a vertical movement. However, windshear is a rapid change in wind speed and moves horizontally.

Question is why would he have the courage to lie to me, given that he knows my profession as a student pilot is real? Why did he dress up in a pilot uniform claiming that he's a pilot? The uniform doesn't make me prideful, it is the knowledge gained over flying.

• I understand you, i see you are a girl people can count, responsable and possibly a great professional.
      But men do a lot of dumb things, younger men have a tendency to exagerate and lie a little to impress the girls... it's not that they are a bad person, it's just that they dont have confidence to show his true being, for fear of rejection. It's complicated. But you did well asking him things about fly, we never know if we have a crazy person on the other side.

• Not only this, but he cannot answer questions regarding turboprop, turbojet and turbofan engine questions when he claims that he is a twin engine pilot. I asked him about the theory of compressibility and would an aircraft engine have the same efficiency at higher airspeed to which he replied yes. This is incorrect. As the aircraft approaches the speed of sound, shockwaves are formed which distort the laminar airflow characteristics leading to turbulent conditions. The Mach number is a measure of airspeed over the speed of sound. The higher the value, the less efficient the engine would be. I would be worried if he knew nothing about ATP theory.

• Why would he get a pic taken in a tractor with a pilot uniform?

• Oh and that looks like a Saab 340 flt deck. Maybe ask him a few questions about 340s and see what his responses are?

• Ha ha ha... ever seen any American regional pilot uniform lately? They look like crap! I laugh when I see some regional slave walking through the terminal with his "Love Boat" stripes and plastic wings on with a knapsack on his back! I am not joking. But hey you get what you pay for right? The quality of the uniform means nothing. I have seen some pilot uniforms that look like what a clown would wear to a six year olds birthday party lol His lack of basic knowledge about the aircraft he supposedly flys is the give away not the uniform.

• The first impression was the photos before I read his profile. Then I replied to his message, realizing his resolve started to crumble as I questioned him. I would be ashamed if I was him, what if a girl asks him some questions in real life on a date and he couldn't answer it? Aviation knowledge? He is worse than Frank Abagnale. Lol

• I think NO but quality of the pictures are very bad so it's difficult to distinguish real and fake

• First of all, guy in the tank top is unable to access the cockpit. Look outside the environment? Second. Look at the tractor photo. It is unprofessional and shows he doesn't take his career seriously. If he really was real, he would have nothing to hide and would not blur out the photos or made them poor in quality. Look at my photo, as clear as day.

• I highly doubt it. If his photos were real, they would be in better resolution. His uniform may look poor quality or fake in high resolution so it may still seem convincing if he left it blurry. To the naive observers. I have seen pilots, real pilots on there that have their photos on high resolution. Which pilot wouldn't like to show off high resolutions of their uniform? Plus he would have more photos of work if they were real. It seems to me he is an aviation enthusiast learnt by books and not actually being qualified.

• lol i doubt it's real too, specially after seeing that 1st picture, his arm is not visible, seems he is lying.

• they all look like different people to me

• They're the same. The quality is poor though, I think it is intentional. That way, potential suitors would not see his airline logo nor see the poor quality of his "uniform" that is most probably bought online. Why would people want to pose as a pilot? What is so good about that? A uniform without knowledge and achievement is a hollow feeling.

• could even be a 40 year old virgin trying to prey on kids nd shit, I don't know tho

• He even asked me if I have been inside a cockpit before. Really?

• Go with your gut kiddo.

• Yes the photo's were look like fake.

• But why would he want to dress up as a pilot and advertise the fact he's a pilot? Rather, impersonating a pilot.

• He's a loser, doesn't matter if they're fake, he's still a fucking loser.

• Yeah they look fake.

• Why did he choose to dress up as a pilot and impersonate one though? The uniform is an empty shell without aeronautical knowledge.

• @DeflectedAileron Maybe he's just trying to impress you. He sounds like a loser though he can't go out and get a real job he has to put on this masquerade. And what's up with tractor? lol! That's mostly what gave it away.

• Absolutely. And what makes him think that he can fool me? And the uniform Means nothing. Without aeronautical knowledge, a uniform simply would make you feeling hollow without pride. His uniform is also very poor quality. I guess this is why uniforms online look very fake when compared to the ones flying schools and airline companies supplies.

What Girls Said 6

• Hard to tell from these photos, but it's possible he is a pilot. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He could easily be a pilot. That being said, I wouldn't base your overall assessment of anyone on whether or not they can fly a plane. You're a pilot? Great. That matters a lot less than what kind of morals you have.

People who fly planes can still be untrustworthy people, just like anyone else on the planet. Meeting people online can be dangerous, so please exercise caution. It seems like you are questioning a few of his facts and motives, and you seem to be doing that.

Not saying you should never trust anyone, ever, but just be careful.

It doesn't take an inordinate amount of skill to obtain a pilot's license. If you are brave enough to go up in the air on a regular basis and determined enough to stick it out through the lessons, all you need is enough money for flight school (or to pay for private lessons) and a willingness to study hard to pass the required tests, and after that, once you pass a background check you're in. (No offense meant to those of you who fly--you are incredibly brave).

• In fact, it does. There is more to it than just knowing how to fly; to keep the skies safe and to avoid becoming a statistic. There are meteorology, aircraft engines, aerodynamics, aviation legislation, flight planning and many other challenging things you need to know before you are qualified to become a pilot. The knowledge set out by CASA is essential for flying and each has it's own purposes. Not only do you need to know what each control on the console does, but you have to know how it functions and to know when it malfunctions as well testing it. In the skies, there can only be right or wrong.

• If he lies to you about one thing, most certainly proceed with caution.

• I voted A.

:/

• Fallow your intuition. It probably says the truth.

• I don't believe he is a pilot

• Might be a redneck pilot.

• this guy messaged me many times while i was trying different profiles on different website.. hmm he said he is from singapore if thats the same one...