How do you feel about dating outside of your race?

I always get questioned about me never dating an African American guy personally I just haven't paid attention to them but how do you fill about dating outside of your race?

Most Helpful Girl

• The biggest crush I ever had was on a Mexican guy, and I'm as much of a whitey white whitey as it gets. I didn't even think of him as Mexican until I heard people making stupid "illegal immigrant" comments about him, so I like to think that I'm beyond the race thing too, but it could just mean I'm criminally unobservant.

I think a lot of young people are open-minded; it's the older people (your grandparents and possibly your parents) who are more likely to be disapproving of interracial relationships. It also probably depends a lot on the political climate where you live. There are definitely parts of the US where it's a big deal. For me it isn't, though. I pay attention to race as little as possible.

What Guys Said 5

• I've dated women of other races and it was cool. I don't feel any different about dating them to be honest and I kind of even prefer Hispanic women because they are more family orientated, which would be a big plus because I'd like to start a family soon.

• Race is a bullsh*t concept. It's not real. If I see a girl I'm attracted to, I'll talk to her.

• I like girls of all races...some people key there family decide what is rght if you like a person and feel comortable date them it's up to u..u don't have to feel like you have to date somebody of another rve

• I actually am dating a girl who is Caucasian (I'm Vietnamese) and I don't find anything wrong with it.

• my race is the human race so naah not comfortable datin outside of that.

know whta you mean even if I ain´t got no problem wit that mos people got so wtf errbody´s different

What Girls Said 4

• I think that dating outside of your own race is no big deal. I mean, if the person you want to be with happens to of some other skin colour, that so be it. As long as your values don't totally clash with each other and you love each other, it doesn't make a difference. And on the plus side, I personally think that inter-racial babies grow up to be prettier. =)

• You're not alone. I always get questioned about that too, definitely from my mother. Race has never been an issue to me. It seems to be a bigger people to other people around more, I still don't know why..maybe it's ignorance to just not understanding. I don't care about race, it's all about personality and how well you click with that person.

• It's really mostly my friends and I'm not to lie and say I don't care what other people say but I do and me and my ex would walk downtown holding hands and we turn so many heads he didn't care but I did it hurts to see ignorant people stop and stare.

• People stopped and stared all the time when I was with my boyfriend. But then again, I'm the kind of person that doesn't give a crap what people think. To be in a interracial relationship, I think you really can't care what people think because there's always going to be ignorance. We were just alike but the only difference was the color of our skin but others didn't understand that.

• I've always been attracted to guys outside my race, and when they like me back I go for it.

• I don't see anything wrong with it for other people but I don't see myself doing it. I think it would be too much of a culture difference. The farthest out of my race I'd go is if he was mixed with my race.