Am I the only one who's tired of being single?

I'm officially tired of being single. I've been single for over two years now and I could honestly say that the excitement of being carefree got old really quick after a year. I focused on myself, travelled to a few places, met some people who I didn't keep in touch with and finished my BA. I just turned 24 in May of this year and see all of my friends either in long term relationships, getting engaged and married. I can't help but to question myself. Why haven't I met the right person or what's wrong with me? It's like, I'll meet a guy, he seems cool, he either doesn't contact me again after the first date or he's a creep and I try to avoid him. I started speaking with a very attractive and intelligent man who I found out was leading a double-life. He was married with a child. I dated another guy... baby momma drama. I tried dating sites, but I'm not committed to paying a monthly fee and spend all of money and get no results. Also, my mom talked me out of that, told me I'm too young to be on dating sites because I'm not an old maid yet (lol). I go a lot of places and meet a lot of people but I'm still single, and sick of it. I'm relatively attractive. I keep myself in shape and fun-loving. I hate being uptight. I'm the type who likes to laugh and have fun. I'm at a point in my life where I'm looking for something more long term. I'm not saying I'm ready to get married per say, but I want someone that I can see myself with for a long time. Is that so hard to ask for? Anybody else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am exhausted of being single. The whole carefree thing is nothing but a marketing scam so bars, night clubs, and girly magazines can make more money. The best way to be happy is to find loving people who care about you, not just bf/gf but friends as well.

If I may, since you are having trouble in your regular areas, try some online sights. Why wait until you are an old maid? If they can help you meet someone go for it. Besides they work WAY better for women than men. As a man I tried a few of those, sent out a few thousand messages, and got ZERO in return. As a woman I guarantee you will have your pic of guys, even the shy ones who don't message you.

• Look, I've tried it. I got a few creeps and a couple of decent people who lived so far away it was ridiculous. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

• Yea that is common, once you get together people tend to only associate with other couples. I lost a lot of friends that way.

• And it's sad because I've known them for sometime.

Most Helpful Girl

• Every single day!! But I'm 10 years older than you and been single for 5... it's a hard rut to get out of! :(

What Guys Said 7

• I've been single for 4 years, and ill be 29 in a few months, I dont see that changing in the next 5 years or so

• Not your not alone

• u are single for 2 years and u got tired? xD well i hope u find some love :p

• Guys u need to be quiet I've never been in a relationship so stop your wining

• You're not the only one. I am too!

• I'm tired of fapping that's for sure, I want me some sugar walls and someone to hang with.

• So you want to just not be single, is that what you're saying? Isn't that a bit selfish?

What Girls Said 2

• Yeahhhh, but at my age its too much work and its just plain awkward, i've been in a few before but I don't miss being in one until i'm single. But i'm betting its different ofc once you get older, its much more serious and its actually a good thing that doesn't piss the fuck out of you. 😂

• You don't even want to know how long I have been single.