Guys, how do I approach him?

I'm a girl in my early teens that's also in a symphony orchestra. There's a guy in his mid teens that's in the same symphony orchestra. I play a string instrument, he plays a brass instrument. He's 2 years older than me and rarely acknowledges me or talks to me. But when he does, I see that he's such a sweet person and he's so funny. I also have a huge crush on him. I've had it for almost a month. Not very long, but it's bad enough that I can't sleep because I'm constantly thinking about him. "What is he doing? What is he thinking about? Should I message him on social media? Would that be too creepy?"
All of my friends know I like him, but he has absolutely no clue. I don't even think he thinks I care much for him. I've talked to him very few times, and I have only messaged him online one time as well.
I really want to talk to him more. By talk I mean have conversations with him, not just talk about what time rehearsal starts or what time we have to arrive for dress rehearsal for our concert.

What do I do? How do I approach him? Tailor your responses based on how YOU like to be approached, and what feels effective to you.

3

Most Helpful Guy

• If you honestly like him, then just walk up to him and talk to him. As for social media, just think of an excuse to text him to start the conversation, like asking what you guys where supposed to practice for this week, and then talk about other things after that :) Maybe have one of your friends casually ask him what he thinks about you, and he might open up to them. Good luck!

• thank youu :))

• No problem, hope it works out for you!

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him to hang out one day, have fun, talk... go somewhere quiet and private and tell him how you feel... he might have grown attached to you. Hint... be yourself

• You don't happen to play the chello

• violin

• i dont currently know how to play it, but if i could definitely play it if i were given sheet music. or i could learn it by ear :)

• It's on you utube and is sounds ridiculously hard to play on a violin