Am I supposed to tell guys I date about my past?

I'm never sure if I'm supposed to say anything about my past. And I don't mean how many sexual partners, i just mean like things that have happened when I was young n stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you don't have to say in the beginning. If the relationship is going to be long term or a marriage then it might come up. For a summer romance or 6 month or shorter relationship don't worry about it

Most Helpful Girl

• Let sleeping dogs lie, @BreatheMe do not go barking up a tree with the Past that may not have been such a Blast. He doesn't Need to know every little bone of your skeletons that he may use to rattle his chains and yours.
    Some things are left unsaid and buried And... Dead.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• You are obligated to tell them nothing. Only tell them what you want them to know and be honest. You really have nothing to gain and stand to hurt yourself by telling people things about your past. What is the point? You can't change any of it and a lot of people will judge you and use it against you. And you are the one who gave them the info they needed to attack you.

• Nothing that happened would give them reason to attack me but, I hear your point.

• I don't mean physically attack you. People are capable of and do very damaging things to people sometimes by using what they know about them against them.

• You don't have to, but it'll be nice to know, but only if you've been dating for a while, when you know you can trust each other 100%. The more you know the other person, the better.

• If he doesn't bring it up then don't say anything.

• that is actually up to you to decide

What Girls Said 1

• Gradually you can
    When you feel like it or if it just comes up
    Not something you should worry about
    Don't put all the cards on the table right away

• I'm just nervous what the reaction will be.

• If he can't accept it and/or chill then he wasn't for you anyway

You are suppose to be able to be yourself in entirety with an SO