If your significant other was sick on New Years, and couldn't go out, what would you do?

Would you stay home no matter what he/she said even if he/she asked you to still go out, or would you go out?

• Stay home with him/her
  • Go out
Thanks... I ask because I'm the sick one! And not only did he go out, but he asked me to drop him off... but then came home when he realized I was mad...
Thing is, I told him to go out without me, so he did what I said to do. But I was still hurt... I couldn't help but think if the situation were reversed, I wouldn't go out without him, no matter how much he asked me to leave without him, I couldn't do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I understand, but you should stop playing games. The fact is that if you told him it was okay -you can't be mad when he does...you pretty much set him up. That's like him telling you its okay to cheat on him and when you actually go through with what he told you to do then he gets mad. The fact is that, all you want is for him to show you as much consideration as you would show him if the shoe were on the other foot. Unfortunately, that's not something everybody has. The way to point this out to him isn't by setting traps or making him feel bad when he doesn't get that you don't really mean what you say---after all, its not like he can mind read. You pretty much have to live by example. When he's sick, stay home- take care of him...eventually regardless of the time or day, holiday or not he will get that if you care enough about him to make certain that he's ok instead of going out...he will want to do the same when you're sick.

What Guys Said 9

• If he in fact is your significant other then stay.

• I'd stay home even if she told me to go out. Wouldn't want to spend New Years with anyone else!

• Well then you should not have told him to go out, if you send mixed messages don't blame him for not being a mind reader.

• Yeah, guys are kinda dumb. you should of told him you better not go out and have fun without me, lol.

• hang with him he says you should go out but he really just wants to see if you like him enough to stick with him when he is sick

can you check mine out link

• I'd stick with her. Screw going out and having a good time. There are plenty of more times for that.

• Id probalt stay with her. It would suck being left at home alone, and having to drive him on top of that...

• i'd stay home with her...going out isn't that important to me

• If you're talking boyfriend/girlfriend, I imagine I'd go out. If you're talking about a partner that lives with you, then stay at home.

• I would only stay with her if doesn't she throw up on me

What Girls Said 10

• I guess it would be somewhat circumstantial. I voted stay home, but if he insisted that I go, I would. I mean, I would insist that he go if I was sick. Plus, sometimes, I really prefer to be alone when I'm sick anyways. But I SURELY wouldn't ask him to drop me off.

• You stay in, especially if you originally had plans together. that and for others healths as well, he could've been passing on what you had to others if it were a spreadable illness; regardless, the new year is important for family and friends to be together... it wasn't right that he left you alone.

• I would stay home with my lover, it's not really a party without them. I would stay home and cook him soup and we could watch the ball drop together! :D I would still kiss him, I woulden't care about getting sick. I'm sure he would repay the favor.

• I'm sorry to hear that. :( I don't get people who don't want to hang out with their s/o on new years..

Why wouldn't you want to hang out with the person that you like the most, and get a new year's kiss? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think he had some nerve to even ask you to drop him off. That was pretty selfish of him and he should have been thinking about your feelings.

• guys are stupid hardly anyone would know you wanted him to stay... CLASSIC MAN/WOMAN MISCOMMUNICATION

• I would stay, and I'd be hurt if my boyfriend left me while I was sick.

And asking you to drive him?!

• i'd stay in, I on't think anyone would like to be left alone by their significant other so I wouldn't do it to them.

• You told him to go out so you can't really blame him for doing it. It if was me, I would stay at home and have our own NY celebration together with tissue and chicken soup! :)

• stay home definately

• stay home with him, it would be kinda messed up to leave him!