Is it socially appropriate to kiss in public?

I never think it is, but I also think it would be hard not to if I had a girlfriend. What y'all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lip action and holding each other in public I'm good with. Affection isn't inappropriate. Getting sexual is. Kissing with tongue is usually sexual unless it's with the very tip of the tongue a little here a little there. (If ya wanna get technical) lol
    Feeling each other up is inappropriate.
    Even if you personally don't like to be affectionate in public doesn't mean it's inappropriate.
    As long as you stay kid eye friendly in public you're good.
    I don't care if I offend someone with affection in public, I live for me not them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is. I think it's stupid that people feel offended by others expressing their love. So we can hate, insult each other and say any negative thing, but it's wrong to kiss someone?
    That's wrong... if watching someone kiss offends you more than hearing someone swear, then we gotta big problem.

• "So we can hate, insult each other and say any negative thing" according to whom? Who said that that's ok?

• @LightsOff It's not morally ok, but people don't give a shit if you insult someone on the streets, most likely there's gonna be someone recording it. But if you kiss, everyone loses their mind. Or just look at the TV, violence is ok while a little affection is considered inappropriate for kids. Also most people get more uncomfortable during a sex scene (where no nudity is shown), than during a gore scene.

What Girls Said 20

• In public, you should limit yourself to a peck every once in a while. A peck on the cheek is fine, a peck on the lips is ok, but may be pushing it in some cases. Anything else is just way too much. It's no fun trying to eat or have a conversation while there are people making out right in front of you.

• A Light touch of a Kiss if the 'Public' would Not Miss, @BobbyMcJoe.
    However, Distasteful, to say the least, if Swapping spit became More in Store for the human eye to see, where they would end up Saying: "Oh, My."
    Good luck and blessings for finding true love. xx

• A peck, sure. A real kiss?

No.

• Why would it not be appropriate wth is wrong with people..
    What is the next thing you're not gonna find appropriate in public? Holding hands? Hugging someone? Shaking hands? Right, let's just all pretend we're all emotionless robots 👾👾👾

• Only a quick peck. Any more than that (or even several pecks in one go) is over the top and just makes people look kind of sleazy. Even worse if they start full on making out. Get a room.

• I won't make out with my boyfriend in public obviously! but I will kiss him! I don't care if some stuck up person doesn't like it, if they can't handle seeing a little peck that is their issue!

• A little peck is very cute but a full on hands under clothing makeout session is not

• I think it's okay unless your just trying to shove it into peoples faces or if your ugly.
    No one wants to see two ugly people kissing in public :P
    www.quickmeme.com/.../...ec0bffd205f5d2a38adce.jpg
    LOL JK.

• i think it is okay as long as it is not too much..

• Depends on where, but I think it's completely fine.

• I don't understand why you would care what people think when you're kissing your girlfriend. fuck them. You love her, she loves you. just flipping kiss. It doesn't matter what people think. It's not like you're stripping and having sex in public.

• It is socially acceptable, same as swearing, violence and what you wear. In my opinion I don't really like it.

• Depends on where you are. I hate any kind of PDA.

• Like a simple kiss? Then of course. But like wildly kissing/ making out? Well not everyone needs to see that, I mean like bruh, come on man get a room

• of course it is.

• kissing is appropriate to an extent as long as you don't have an extended steaming hot make out session that makes everybody watching either jealous or uncomfortable.

• Yes, as long as you're not eating each other's face off though.

• I consider kissing socially appropriate. However, I do not consider it appropriate whenever people dry-hump or grop each other in public.
    That is not something I want to see.

• Little peck n kisses here n there r acceptable. But eating each others faces in public... Little uncomfortable to witness. I know those who do it don't care. But when your on the other side it's like ehhh get a room.

• You can hit someone in public, but not kiss them?

Society is weird.

• Yeah you uh... can't do that so much so that it would get you put in jail.

• Yeah, sure. Half of the people here say they won't do anything if they see a Muslim man hitting his wife because it's their "culture". This is disgusting.

• No @opinionowner The only disgusting person is you, being a racist. What does being muslim have to do with abusing a woman? Completely nothing. But of course a nutbrain like you would think that way. Any man hitting his wife, is wrong.

What Guys Said 27

• Smaller kisses, pecks people call them, are pretty socially acceptable. It's more so anything that leads to making out that people look down upon. It's all good to have a partner, but at least be modest about your PDA around the people who don't want to see it.

• Is it socially appropriate to hold hands in public?
    I mean come on , who cares.
    Don't be a sour plum and let the lovebirds have fun.

• Depends on what part of them you are kissing.

• I fail to see why it is a problem... ofcourse, within reason but there should be no problem with public displays of affection

• Of course it is

• A peck on the cheek or lips is fine, anything else save it for when your in private, there is a time and place for everything.

• I think any form of non sexual PDA is acceptable. If people don't want to see it, they should just look away.

• Depends on the society. In some cultures heterosexual men walk holding hands with male friends. Here one would assume they are gay; in some of those countries actually being gay is very dangerous.

• Why should you care. Life is too short to care about "WHAT OTHERS THINK"!.

Well this statement also states that I should delete my account from gag LOL

• I think it is...

• That would really depend on which society you live in... in some countries, public displays of affection, even between husband and wife, are illegal

• Only if you're straight.

That's not my view, but most of society's.

• I think it's a bit weird.

• i think so, even though i don't like to

• Yes, but hardcore making out I'd rather not see.

• I think hugs, holding hand and tap kissing is fine but when you see tongue it gets inappropiate

• Well i thought PDA is common in America?

• Yes and no. A kiss on the cheek or small kiss on the mouth is normal. Making out is not.

• yes but not too intense
    some loners just think it's annoying
    like me

• Perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

• We live in a world were violence is done in broad daylight but love is done behind closed doors.

• I see it all the time and think no one cares take that shit inside somewhere

• Seeing it ruins my day

• Only brief pecks.

• Long as you are not trying to force feed her your full tounge in public i dont think its a biggie

• Personally, I don't think so. I hate seeing other people do it, it's really annoying. I sure as hell won't do it.

• It's not appropriate to make out in public
    Simple kisses show affection and are important

Sadly most girls I have dated say I have a PDA problem because I won't fondle them and make out in public

They like to be promiscuous I am convinced girls reay enjoy promiscuity