What is it with girls only liking tall guys?

I'm 5' 4'' so when I read that a girl online only likes tall guys I just move on to the next one, but seriously that's like me saying oh her boobs are too small, forget it. Isn't that a little shallow to write a guy off just cause he's a little short? Who cares, it's just height.

That's the problem with online dating I have. The girls don't read the profile information and are surprised when they see me. Although the last three dates I've been on the girls were like 5in shorter than me, so maybe they do read. lol

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just a fad that everyone says they like but no one honestly cares. Like with guys, you're not going to reject a girl simply because she doesn't have a ten ton ass and double d's. That's just how you picture a perfect partner while you're single.
    I would rather have a guy who is my height or a bit taller.
    If I were 5'4' I would want the same thing. A short guy would be tall to me. Girls like to feel small and protected. As long as the guy is taller than them I think it's ok, but not every sized girl is after a 6' 2 guy.

• No incorrect. I would reject if she doesn't have double d's

• @moebond2

You're just stupid then

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I know, I think it's shallow too but you know what, what most girls say they want and who they actually date is completely different most of the time. This girl in my school, tall white brunette said she liked Hispanics, yet she only dated white guys. The thing is, like 80 percent of everyone at my school was Hispanic so there was more then enough guys who fit her profile. Plus there were Hispanic guys who would flirt with her yet like I said, she only dated white dudes lmfao.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 5'2" and I would prefer a taller guy so when I have kids, the genes will even out and they won't be so short like me, haha. I usually date guys around 5'10"- 6'3". I like them around 5'11"-6'0" mostly, though. Honestly, if I get to know the guy and like him enough, his height isn't really a big factor. I mean, everyone has their ideal man/woman and there is nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong is not even giving someone who doesn't match all the criteria a chance. This is something that I don't do. Sure, dating a tall guy is nice, but if the guy isn't as tall as I usually go for, then I really don't care. Most times, guys that tall are interested in me, so I got used to that height preference. I would gladly date someone shorter.

• It seems shallow on the surface, but you have to realize it comes down to a breeding thing. Like, how tall will MY children be if I have this guy's kids. You would naturally want taller children and since most girls are already short, it's only natural to find a taller guy than yourself. I'm 5'6" myself and I'm dating a guy who is 5'8", people think he's pretty short but I seriously just love him, even the height difference that goes with it. I wear heels pretty often and he always makes a nervous laugh when I do "Aren't you fine the way you are?" as I'd be dangerously leveling him. It's kind of a masculine thing I suppose, wanting to be taller than a girl. Or at least the girl you're dating. I'd assume this is the same for you? Most girls are 5'4" and shorter. I'm seriously a minority, and I'm not a 5'9" model either. There's always someone for everyone.

• My sister was telling me something like this last week.

• @SteamBuns What the fuck are you even talking about. Blocked.

• Yes, SteamBuns, continue on this tirade. It'll make you indefinitely bitter and resentful towards women which in turn will repel them from you.

• I understand your position and yeah it's a little mean but girls thinks they are princesses whom are gonna be rescued by Prince Charming. By definition "Charming" is tall and handsome. We wanna feel small and protected in front of our own personal "Charming" so there's your answer. At the end, it's all about personal taste and préférences.

• Lol for me 5'4" is tall XD (probably because I'm kind of short myself)
    Anyways if the guy isn't 6'4" it's not like we won't date him it's just that most girls (MOST girls) would like his appearance a little bit better if he was taller.

• I mean I've dated some one much shorter than me. At times I won't lie. I felt like I was walking with my kid or something. But that wasn't the reason for the relationship ending. People like what they like. Everyone has their type. some are just more open than others.

• I'm 5'8" and I'm attracted to really tell men. Saw a guy who looked to be about 6'7" in the grocery store parking lot last week and got turned on. Weird I know. We're all entitled to our own personal preferences, mine just happens to be guys as tall as basketball players. But there are a lot of girls out there who don't care about height, trust me. You'll find your soulmate.

• My friend is 4'11, and her boyfriend is 5'5. They've been together for 2 years. He's also really good looking so...

you'll find someone, trust me. she just might be a shortie

What Guys Said 3