I cheated on my boyfriend of over a year with his best friend, do I tell him?

I'd prefer never to tell him, to save him from being hurt and I just want to move on and continue on happy with him. I want to stay with my boyfriend. I love him like nothing else. Just with the issues he has , he's been neglectful of me honestly. I know that sounds unhealthy, but that's just how I feel. I don't plan to fuck his best friend or anyone else ever again as long as I am with him, just wanted some sexy, taboo fun. And my boyfriend hasn't been offering enough of that right now

Most Helpful Guy

• What your boyfriend doesn't know won't hurt! We all have sexual needs that need to be satisfied so I don't blame you looking elsewhere for sex and intimacy since your boyfriend was neglecting you! If anything it's his fault considering he wasn't being intimate with you very often! Don't feel guilty about what you did because at the end of the day we all want to feel wanted in a relationship and as soon as we're neglected then it's perfectly normal to look elsewhere for some fun ;-) :-p

• Of course the asker upvoted. I don't completely disagree, but if asker is not feeling satisfied with her SO, maybe she shouldn't stay with him. If she ever gets caught, she's going to hurt him, better for her to leave, they clearly aren't sexually compatible.

• Thanks for the upvote ;-)

• That's my opinion Red Arrow so if you can't handle it go and get stuffed mate!

Don't try and take the mile high ground with me you tool!

Most Helpful Girl

• Being neglected hurts. It's unfair. It makes us question our value in the relationship and can shake up our self-esteem. But if his issues are so severe that you can't get through to him, and he isn't willing or able to put any effort into the relationship, the only fair thing is for you to end it and just move on. Go your separate ways.

Whether or not you need to tell him about you sleeping with his best friend is really something only you can answer. On the one hand, that kind of information is going to feel like a punch to the gut. It's a double betrayal. Why hurt him uneccesarily?

On the other hand, it can be argued that everyone deserves to know the truth. Maybe he should be made aware that his best bud is shacking up with this girlfriends from time to time.

Either way, you deserve someone who can give you the affection you deserve and the attention you crave, and he deserves someone who is loyal and honest, through good times and bad. The sooner the two of you break up, the sooner you'll both find someone new who will hopefully fill those roles. Pretending that things are fine when they're not is never healthy... for either party.

What Guys Said 13

• You love him like nothing else. But you cheat on him. You say you want to save him from being hurt, but you really want to keep him from throwing you out on your ass. You don't plan to fuck his best friend or anyone else ever again. You just wanted some sexy taboo fun because he hasn't been offering you enough of that (according your your scale of what is enough), so the next time you feel like some sexy taboo fun you will just do it again. Do him a favor and get the fuck out of his life!

• Well, I think you should tell him, he will be less angry on you if you confess the truth instead of him finding it out from somewhere or someone else, and plus you can't hide the truth forever, you never know how the truth will come out, hence you should confess that yourself. However be prepared for the consequences when you decide to do that, it can happen that if he decides that he can love you the same way like before then he will forgive you and continue his relationship but if he is one of those men who don't believe in giving second chances to someone who has cheated on him, then be prepared for the break up as well, he may never take you back ever again.

It depends on you as to what you want.

• Ahahaha this post made my night... wait you are serious... I didn't know they made girls this stupid

• Continue living your treacherous evil life!

• there is no excuse for your shitty behavior. you cheated on your boyfriend because he wasn't offering you sexy taboo fun is a bullshit excuse.. if you care for him at all, you need to tell him.

• So, you are allowed to make mistakes and not hold reaponsibility. How convinient. If you don't twll him now, don't ever tell him.

• I would hate to hear about my girlfriend cheating on me, but if she did I would rather her tell me instead of hearing my best friend say he fucked her or found out another way. I'd say you feel really bad about it and only did it because you felt neglected. Worst that can happen is you break up, best that can happen is he gets more intimate and you have the satisfaction of telling the truth, along with a satisfied conscious

• Tell him only if you want to break up.

• Uuuuuhm you seem to be a bitch.. Im sorry but its true.

• Ya , offcourse, it isn't your fault that you cheated, it's his fault. He deserves to remain in the illusion that you never cheated. :)

• Um no thats not true at all, it is her fault... She should have had a talk with him of what he hasent been doing right instead of just sleeping with another guy...

• I dont know what's worse.. you or his best friend?
    You can both go to hell for all I care, karmas a fkn bitch you'll get it one day sooner or later..

• You don't know what love is. Tell him the truth and then let him move on. It's sickening that even now you still excuse it by saying he was neglectful. You're still an irresponsible child.

• Tell him for sure, because if he finds out on his own it will be way worse, just hope he understands and at least knows your truthfull...

What Girls Said 6

• he's going to find out either way.
    You clearly don't care about his feelings or you wouldn't have sat on someone elses dick, especially his best friend.
    can't turn a hoe into a housewife.

• Omg, please tell him.
    Don't be selfish.

• You definitely should tell him

• You better tell him. He'll find out sooner ot later.

• Oh wow. If your boyfriend is neglectful, the right thing to do is either discuss it with him, or dump him. You don't go behind his back and cheat on him with his best friend.
    You should tell him. He deserves to know.
    Stop mocking/disrespecting the poor guy.
    Anyway, you're delusional if you think that you love him.

• Don't expect him to believe it was an accident or all you wanted was a bit of fun if you tell him