My girlfriend asked if it's okay to pretend to be her friend's girlfriend?

My girlfriend texted me, saying that her friend's ex is in town. Let's call the friend Lucas. Lucas' ex has been sending him photos of other guys and how she was kissing them because she wants to make him jealous or something. My girlfriend said how Lucas wants to get rid of her once and for all and asked if it's okay for her to pretend to be Lucas' girlfriend for a day when they meet up with his ex.
I know that Lucas guy. I know he wouldn't do anything. It's not that.

But, recently, we had a fight. Over me being jealous of her talking to some person on the internet. It's not that I didn't trust her, I just couldn't help the feeling of ever losing her. What if that person is better than me? What if they're gonna get along better than we do? What if she leaves me? I was really upset over it because this month hasn't been going well for me so even the slightest thing set me off. She got mad at me and said she was hurt with how I thought her feelings for me weren't serious. She got upset with how I thought she would leave me just like that and asked me if I think her feelings don't matter.
And I admit, I was being irrational. And I knew that and I apologized. It's only been a day and she tells me this.
This upsets me and I worry and I'm not comofortable with her being with some other guy even if it's an act. But if I tell her that, I will turn out as a huge asshole after that fight.

I don't know if she's doing this on purpose to get her revenge for that fight, but I'm not liking it and I'm really anxious. I'm getting that feeling in my stomach like before a huge exam. Only it's ten times worse.

Am I supposed to grit my teeth and look the other way because of what I did? Or is she in the wrong here? I don't know what to do... Please give me some advice and/or opinions!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• "My girlfriend texted me, saying that her friend's ex is in town. Let's call the friend Lucas. Lucas' ex has been sending him photos of other guys and how she was kissing them because she wants to make him jealous or something. My girlfriend said how Lucas wants to get rid of her once and for all and asked if it's okay for her to pretend to be Lucas' girlfriend for a day when they meet up with his ex.
    I know that Lucas guy. I know he wouldn't do anything. It's not that."

^if u trust him then that's good... personally i believe it'd be ok... she'll just play a role... she won't be herself... ;)

she just wants to help him as a friend i believe and nothing more... :)

"But, recently, we had a fight. Over me being jealous of her talking to some person on the internet. It's not that I didn't trust her, I just couldn't help the feeling of ever losing her. What if that person is better than me? "

^ugh... no bro u shouldn't... they were just talkin possibly... i know u r afraid u might lose her... but don't u trust her? do u honestly beleive she'll break-up wid u for a guy she met on da internet?

"I was really upset over it because this month hasn't been going well for me so even the slightest thing set me off. "

^i see... if dat's so... then u should talk to her about it and wot's botherin u...

"This upsets me and I worry and I'm not comofortable with her being with some other guy even if it's an act. But if I tell her that, I will turn out as a huge asshole after that fight."

^seems like she's honest about her feelings... and she end up fightin u just for this... to prove u wrong... ;)

and of course it'll be an act... but if u see she's gettin more attached wid lucas after this act... then of course u have any reason to react... :)

"Am I supposed to grit my teeth and look the other way because of what I did? Or is she in the wrong here? I don't know what to do... Please give me some advice and/or opinions!"

^ok if i was u i'd just accept to play her act... i'd understand she's doin it in order to help this guy as a friend... but if i saw she's gettin more attached wid him after this act... then i'd understand it was more than an act... :)