Is online relationship really worth it?

So, there is this friend of mine who has been in an online relationship with a guy for almost more than a month now. The guy told her he loved her from the very start, at first she was a bit skeptical but wanted to try things out so she just kept going and eventually started developing feelings for him as well. I was really against the relationship but as she seemed happy, I didn't fuss over it much. Recently, she had been complaining that ever since college started, they both never got enough time (plus they practically live in different continents so different time zones and stuff) and said that she felt that most of the times it was only her making the effort to communicate. So, 3-4 days ago they had a fight, actually my friend said that it was her who overreacted a bit and started it and they haven't talked since. She says she will not text him first this time as she wants to see how much this means to him and both of them haven't texted a word to each other since 3 days. She seems really miserable and keeps checking her phone every ten minutes so I advised her to just text him and make up or just call things off but she can't make up her mind and now I'm running out of opinions.
What would be the wise thing to do in such case?

Most Helpful Guy

• just tell her to leave it alone, what did she expect out of a guy who told her "I love you" online when they just met. like what the fuck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online relationships are not relationships. They're pen pals

What Guys Said 5

• The wise thing to do would be to not involve yourself in someone else's relationship.

• What the fuck? They haven't even met and they're already in a relationship?

I had a girl I talked to off tinder ask if she could help move into my apartment and I haven't even met her. She'd also text me and ask if I was ignoring her if I didn't respond right away which I thought was too much and I thought I used to be clingy/needy.

• I really think if you can Skype with them and snail mail them
    and send care packages , it might work out hard to say.,

• Do Not pursue it any further.

• May I know a few things 1) What medium online did they meet and 2) Did he say he loved her from jump street before they got to know each other?

• They had met on some random chatting app and then went on to fb and Skype and stuff... I don't know exactly but I think he told her that he loved her a bit after they started talking which was like wayyyy to soon according to me. She didn't tell him she loved him back until recently and that too she said to me was because she felt bad not saying it back when he said it to her haha

• Sorry for late reply and yeah that is way too soon, this is destined to fail not trying to be mean or anything but the relationship seems very immature.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah that happened to me too. The only problem in my situation is that I was so mad at him that I deleted his phone number. So now I'm basically hoping for a wonder that he'll contact me. I'm giving it a few more days if no response than I think it's time to move on.

• Her relationship was a really immature one, now she says to me that it was just a phase for her and she's not even mad at him anymore... It's like she has just forgot about him

• Damn than it must have been really immature and probably just playing around with feelings... Cause if u care/love somebody you don't give up that easily normally I would think.

• Yup that's quite true