Is it normal to reject a guy in this situation or I'm I just being immature?

Yesterday there was a guy in the bus who was staring at me. Once I got out of bus he run out of the bus and followed me. He told me that he found me very pretty and he asked me out but I kind of freaked out and rejected him. He was well dressed, descent looking and very politide. He insisted but I turned him down because I felt it was awkward and perhaps dangerous? Now I can't stop thinking about this, what if I missed a good opportunity?

• Yes it was very immature
  • No it's normal to get freaked out because he's a stranger

Most Helpful Guy

• Sketchy. As. Fuck.
    Good move on turning him down. If you're not swooned, he doesn't deserve a date just for asking you out out of the blue like that. Even if you were swooned, that comes off as pretty creepy that someone would ask for such a personal meeting without so much as attempting to strike up a conversation with you first.
    And LOL at the guys voting you were immature!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you were very wise, mature and responsible to reject him. I would find it very unnerving if a guy approached me in that way. It would have been naive to have said , " yes" to him. So don't feel guilty about safeguarding yourself. Trust needs to be earned.. not given away freely. 💛🌷xx

What Guys Said 7

• In your case I would have felt threatened.

• i can see why he might have surprised you, he should have been a little more smooth
    he should have tried to spark a conversation on the bus and asked for your number...

i dont think its immature, as long as you turned him down respectfully

• It was immature but at same time mature

You got freak out because he looked liked a 'stalker' wich (probably) was your first reaction and feeling and when people freakout they do what the comes up the first thing on their mind, it's normal for that

But yes, you probably missed a good opportunity..

• He was trying to be nice and it probably took a lot of courage for him to ask you out. I understand from your point of view how it might be "scary". But that's because you are inexperienced with guys.

• its normal
    and the way he approached you was really wrong

• At that situation, with almost no time or opportunity to talk to know each other properly, all he could do was to introduce himself, tell his intentions and feelings about you in a simple and respectful way, than make his shot asking your phone number for a late talking (the most secured move I think).

Approaching is really hard, and I really hate as hell to do it. 😩

• I dont know

What Girls Said 2

• The way he initiated conversation by asking you out and following you like a creeper was a bad move. As others have said he should have struck up a conversation with something less intense.

• I think he caught you off guard. He could have found a better way to ask you out. He must not have experience with asking girls out. Generally I give guys a chance, even if I am not attracted to them. I've been rejected so many times that most of the time I will give any guy a chance. However, even in that situation I would say no.