What does this mean?

So my boyfriend and I were talking and we both told each other that we were falling in love with each other. We've been together for 5 months but we haven't said "i love you"... he has been hurt before but maybe he just wants to take his time? What do you guys think? Take things slow?

What Guys Said 2

• This whole "take things slow" concept makes no sense to me. Slow means you figure out how you feel over 10 dates... not 5 months!

Basically it's your life... if you're waiting for him to decide when it's okay for YOU to tell him how YOU really feel then that's a sad situation.

If you're not comfortable being vulnerable and honest with this guy after 5 months then you're probably not really dating... you're probably just spending time together, or just having a lot of sex. That's not real intimacy. Intimacy includes sharing secrets and feelings and being vulnerable.

Besides... does it matter how he feels? If he treats you the way you want to be treated, and he's exclusive with you... then it doesn't matter how he feels. It only matters how YOU FEEL.

And you don't even need to tell him at all. Just show him. By being loving and sweet and caring and awesome. That's what real love is anyways... not wasted words that require reciprocation.

~ Robby

• umm... we spend time together all the time when he's home from working out of town.. we do share feelings.. but i feel like he's just scared because he's been hurt multiple times before..

• He's scared that if he loves you it'll all end? And what's the alternative he's waiting for exactly? That some how one day he'll be able to tell that the relationship will last for ever so then it'll be "safe" to be open and honest?

No. If he was into you then he'd be telling you everything he feels.

It sounds like he's just not that into you.

But life too short. If you love him then just tell him, what's the big deal?

• he is into me though... lmfao who said he wasn't? he tells me that he's falling in love with me and that i make him happy. obviously if he wasn't ''that into me'' he would have asked me to be his girlfriend in the first place

• Every relationship is different. but when it comes to "I love you" its bound to happen if you both feel that way. wait a time if he still doesn't say it then say it and test the waters and gain his trust and show him you aren't there to make him miserable but to make him smile and have the amazing feeling of love

• he knows I'm happy with him and he's happy with me.. im just scared if he doesn't say it back...

• yeah thats true.. thank you!

• no problem if you need anythign else just tell me

What Girls Said 0