How do you cope when knowing your not the only ONE?

Keep in mind... He doesn't know that I know what up. I've got detective skills. I do my homework
It probably derives from my competitive nature, Why I find myself competing

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not too sure that you should be 'coping' with this. If you're not the only one you need to find a dude that will make you the only one. If you mean how do you get over the fact that your partner has cheated on you, then he was a douche in the first place and you really shouldn't care; we meet bad people sometimes, so it happens. Find someone who respects you and don't settle for disrespect. I do think you're worth more than that.

• Oh no, ya see he doesn't necessarily cheat, he ends it first, leaving me completely and utterly crushed; goes back to the other broad and then tries coming back to me when he's bored with her. He's an asshole, clear... I'm well aware. It's been competitive and challenging to say the least, and he knows I'm always up for a good challenge, but damn

• Okay but that seems a bit worse sort of like he doesn't even really consider you a legitimate partner. It's more like he's using you as a back up girl when he gets tired of his flings and wants to settle down a bit. Not quite sure I know what you mean when you say "It's been competitive and challenging to say the least, and he knows I'm always up for a good challenge, but damn" I mean if you are okay with breaking up and getting back continuously then there isn't any real problem for you.

• Exactly... but It is a problem, he knows I won't share, which is why he ends it first instead of sneakily playing behind the scenes, he knows my investigative personality would be working in the background. He'd get caught, point blank. Thing is, I'm sick of the back and forth. He tests me to see what I'll do a lot of the times during our separations, meanwhile he's doing God knows what... not me. If I play the good ol' little gal, and be patient, he'll eventually get what he wants, but I think this other girl is always gonna be apart of the picture, it's a vicious love triangle

What Guys Said 4

• Cope? Like find a way to get past the idea the other is unfaithful and keep the relationship going? YOU DON'T!

Don't settle for less than you deserve. confront him or her and let them know you KNOW & how hurt you are by things. The next part "leaving" is up to you. You CAN stay but I would be sure that I became the ONLY one or set some rules in place.

But hm... what if this is about the only ONE on planet earth, Omg when did you discover we're not aloneeee. AAckskjs.

• Nah, we live separately soooo

• You're a smart guy, Ty.

• Hm, I've been/ am in a similar sitch. I take a backseat when a new interesting guy comes along. So I know what it's like to try an be strong here. It's tough.

• I say "fuck you bitch" and leave.

• doesn't sound like that guy is worth it at all then

• At your age, be thankful a guy will touch you at all. If he needs a spoon full of sugar to make the medicine go down, so be it.

What Girls Said 3

• You do the same.. Or you walk. But do NOT settle. It won't work

• What do you mean by "only one?"

• The only one what?

• The only 'One' in terms of his Love Interest... I think he wants a kid with me, but that's about it, he's got this other piece he keeps goin back to. I ain't doing it unless I'm positive I'm his 'One and Only', he's a player tho, I know this, soooo guess we're both shit outta luck

• 37 years old, and still playin! If you can believe that