Should I ask her out or just give up?

I started talking to this girl in March or more accurately she started talking to me. I got her number pretty soon after we started talking. We hit it off over Spring Break and texted each other a lot. Well in early April there was this Spring Social and she asked if I was going, I said I was unless I got sick. With my luck I fell ill a few days prior to the dance.

When I came back to school she asked if I was doing any better and I said yes then walked away. Apparently she wanted to have a conversation and she felt rejected because of me doing this. We didn't talk for two weeks before she texted me again. After then it's been pretty awkward with texting being pretty sparse. In May I found out that she had liked me through my mom (my mom and this girls aunt are friends, and she's pretty close to her aunt) but I made her feel rejected.

I texted her in June apologizing for walking away, and she said it was okay but I should have apologized in person. I texted her again in July wishing her a happy birthday, and she texted the next day sending a picture of her schedule and asked if we had any classes together. Upon finding we have history together she seemed enthused. We've started talking again since then but it's been rather sparse.

Now last week is where the issues pop up. See we made a pact, that if one person asked someone out all others would have to ask someone out within two weeks, last Thursday, it originally just started with four people to serve as a motivator. Well we were trying to talk each other up so that we'd have the confidence to do it. But then on Friday morning one of the guys in the pact decided to inform both the girl I'm interested in and her friend, who one of my friends likes of the pact. He never explicitly told them who was going to ask them out but told us that he knew who was going to ask them out. Her friend laughed describing it as 'kinda sad' and they laughed. I don't know if I should ask her out or not anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• do it!!! she seems like she likes u. and if she says no, hey at least u tried, and it sounds like you guys have been through enough awkwardness together, and it won't stop u 2 from being friends

• I know she liked me in the past and I was going in confident in my ability to accept it either way Thursday night. But after Friday I'm feel like that's been destroyed. Also I'd feel awkward doing it within the next month due to the two weeks pact me and my friends made.

What Guys Said 0