Guys, my boyfriend sent me a text saying "you r mediocre at its best" ... What does this mean? ... What should I reply to this? .. Is it a compliment?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• It means this guy's a douche. "mediocre at best." That's an insult

• Sigh... So hurt... Thought it was a gud thing...

• Well i told him he is the same

What Guys Said 6

• He tuned you. It was not a compliment.

Mediocre means something of average quality, not good, not special and the politically correct meaning: not good enough.

He is saying that you are the best example of Mediocrity.

• Sigh.. Thanks... I can't believe he would say that.. N tells me we need to agree on that as thats the honest truth..

• Gtfo!!! This is possibly one of the cruelest things a person can tell their significant other in my opinion. He is saying that you are average to him, another regular person. He is saying that you are not special. Totally uncool.

• Omg.. How rude!!!

• Maybe he is afraid of being alone? Or maybe he feels like he is also mediocre at best and so he thinks that he has to stay. The point is that it is not your fault and he obviously needs to deal with something internal and isn't ready to be a part of a relationship. I hope he can overcome his fear and see that mediocrity is a very silly word as no two people are a like.

• I did tell him he is rude to say that n its funny how he thinks im that wen actually he is the same as well... Well he said we r not in a serious relationship but intro me to his friends and people that im his girl.. So why do all that n say this... Sigh

• He's saying your nothing special.

• he's a wingnut an ass tellem to get his head out of his ass and bugger off

• It was an insult.

• I'll tell him to fuck off