I cannot choose between my best friend and a boy. advice?

Well I have a really big problem; I have liked a guy for so many years, and I've known him since I was about 9. It just so happens that the guy I like is my closest friends cousin. My friend hates that He likes me, bc it's her family and she thinks it's weird, and if she ever found out that I even text him, she would be mad and not talk to me for a long time. I really like him, but I'm also so afraid to do anything given the circumstances. What do I do? Do I choose the boy or my best friend? I mean I know there are a lot of guys out there and not many friends like her. that's why I don't want to do anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Boys come and go. Choose your best friend.

What Guys Said 2

• If she can't support who you like then she's no friend. She might not like any guy you date because she'll feel rejected by you. That's just a part of growing up. I'd tell the one you like most you like him

• I don't see the issue your friend is having. Even if it was her brother, it shouldn't be an issue. The only reason to not talk to you or whatever is if it was someone who she also fancied.

What Girls Said 2

• She doesn't sound like a great friend. Who makes their friend choose between them and a guy? An immature one, apparently.

A friend of mine liked my brother and I didn't think anything of it (except maybe a little teasing), so I can't imagine why she'd be upset over it.

• the boy will date u then break up with you and ur friend won't come back cuz u stabbed her in the back, u should choose your friend before the boy because friends before boys always;)