How important is age in a relationship?

I am friends with the woman who is in her 40s. She would like to date me. She was born in 1975 and I was born in 1995 should age make a difference? I am very confused and don't know if I should take her up on her offer. I must add she's very attractive.

• Yes it's perfectly normal
  • No way it's ridiculous she's a pedophile
I have decided to stay away from her, I appreciate all your comments and I want to hang with girls my age. All your comments helped me come to this decision. I hope she understands but I do believe what the one comment said about life changes. Thank you all

Most Helpful Girl

• It is important. Do you find her attractive? yes, she is beautiful as you said, but would u like to try to be in a relationship with her or you are more attracted in girls in your age? It can be that both of you are just sexually attracted, it happens. I voted pedophile coz there's a HUGE age gap but it works for some...

• Sorry i think i have conveyed a wrong message. What i wanted yo say is what do u feel about her?

• *wanted to say..

• Certainly there would be differences as both of you had diff experiences in life whether in relationships or lifestyle but if both of you can work things out and compromise in some point coz you are sharing a mutual bond and goals in relationship, then there's nothing wrong with it. Age is only a number, it's how you live your life that matters.

P. S sorry i didn't mean to sound shallow on my comment

Most Helpful Guy

• As I've experienced, it has no importance. It depends on chance n situation.

What Girls Said 2

• That gap is rather large and chances are I don't see it working out due to life stages.

• It's freaky! She could be his mother. O. o

What Guys Said 2

• Nope she's a pedophile. The definition of a pedophile is someone who is simply sexually attracted to children. So that would be her.

• Considering no one bats an eye when girls in their 20's date men older than their fathers, then I don't see why it should be a problem for young men to like older women.